Status
Not open for further replies.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Of couse that you should trust but herdprotect has a lot of false positives but in the end is a good tool

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
I

illumination

Be careful with those False Positives...

Can I re-enable a file after I have removed it with herdProtect? No. Well not directly in the current release. herdProtect will not delete the file from your PC, instead it simply removes it from your system and renders it in-active and places it in the Quarantine folder (which is a sub-directory of the Scanner (/Program Files/Reason/herdProtect/Scanner/Quarantine). While the file can be restored (we have a tool for this), the registration points cannot be restored at this time. With that said, be very careful with what you end up removing and pay close attention to our recommendations. We are very aggressive at ruling out false positive detections but you should look at each detection before removing it (this is why multi-removal is off by default).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Of course you can trust it, this program as been under of the process to be legal with permission on handling lots of engines retrieved Virustotal (AFAIK).

But as mentioned by others, more engines then lots of erroneous results may occurred cause some are design to provide aggressive results.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
It sounds like maintaining a nice big fire, keeping it under control,:cool: and then making sure not to get:eek: burned (..much:confused:)!:D

Edit: I'll have (1) please.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: scot and Kent
H

hjlbx

It is trustworthy. On my system there were only 2 false positives at the time. There is an option to submit to HerdProtect any false positives.

If you quarantine an item, then it is de-registered on the system...so in the case that you wish it restored, then it's probably going to be broken. Best to perform a clean app install.

It's rather slick in my opinion...even with its current limitations.

The current beta causes EIS to mis-behave on my system (CPU usage from 35 to 90 % continuously).

The current beta is unstable on my W8.1 system...hour glass cursor constantly flickering on-off even with no other apps running.

Contrary to HerdProtect's assurances that there is no impact on system resources (as everything is done in the cloud) the fact is that the scanner is more than a bit rough on the system.

Last edited by a moderator:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
If each antivirus can block up-to or more than 95% of all viruses in the wild (according to statistics), which is what you would normally encounter, I don't get why would you would ever need more than 2.

Unless off-course you download viruses just to feed your hungry computer :D

Reactions: CySecy825

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
HerdProtect suffers from the same failing as MB and HMP- the inability to successfully clean worm infections. Although it is superior in that it actually (unlike HMP and MB) detects the resident worm and will delete it, it can't detect the worm spawn command file that replicates the worm in case of such deletion. So on reboot after scan and supposed clean, worms are back.

Reactions: CySecy825

Wihat

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Last night, I scanned PC with Avira PC cleaner nothing was detected , and scanned and again with Herdprotect, it showed me some issues( detected by Avira engine....again)

Reactions: mal1 and CySecy825
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.