Here are the fixes and known issues in Windows 10 for PCs build 14390

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Microsoft today released a new cumulative update for Windows 10 PCs and phones, bringing the build number to 10586.494.

KB3172985 is a bit of a mystery at the moment, as Microsoft hasn't published a changelog for either version. Typically, the PC release notes would be published to the Windows 10 Update History page, which isn't currently showing anything new.

The Mobile version is always a bit of a jumble, the release notes sometimes showing up in Microsoft's Answers forum and occasionally, in the Feedback Hub. Perhaps most interesting is that the changelog for phones is almost never available at the time that the update is offered.

The last cumulative update that we saw was 10586.454 in the Release Preview ring. No Release Preview update has ever made it to the Production ring, so the last public update was 10586.420.

MiguelPratas819

Level 2
Verified
Jul 8, 2015
This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
  • Improved reliability of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.
  • Fixed issue with some people seeing a black screen instead of the lock screen when resuming from connected standby.
  • Fixed issue with DirectAccess where the Disconnect button appears in some cases when the connection isn't fully established.
  • Fixed issue where local user accounts weren't locked after a number of failed sign in attempts.
  • Improved support for video playback in certain apps that didn't render video correctly after resuming from sleep.
  • Fixed issue with Windows Phone losing user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile in some cases.
  • Improved support of the backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile.
  • Fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based apps wouldn't install on Windows 10 Mobile after joining Azure Active Directory.
  • Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
  • Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Kernel, .NET Framework, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, and Microsoft Print Spooler.

D

Deleted member 2913

Win 10 64 Pro

Windows Update got stuck on 79%. App 15-20 Mins nothing happened. I paused KIS 2016 protection & download continued. Now app 5 Mins its stucked on 87%.

Will wait & see...

If it doesn't continue, what should I do?

D

Deleted member 2913

Win 10 64 Pro

Windows Update got stuck on 79%. App 15-20 Mins nothing happened. I paused KIS 2016 protection & download continued. Now app 5 Mins its stucked on 87%.

Will wait & see...

If it doesn't continue, what should I do?
Ok, after app 10 Mins, download continued from 87 to 92% & got error, retry or restart.
I retried & it completed download & now installing updates...

Dont know KIS 2016 prob or not?
May be download is big or slow or dont know?

Installing updates now....And seems will be successful....will update here......

UPDATE - Installation was successful.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiguelPratas819

Level 2
Verified
Jul 8, 2015
Wow By clicking those direct links for the 10586.494 update I noticed 900 MB download for an update like this xD. No wonder my pc took a while to download and install it. That is a "problem", if you wanna call it that way, that I´m never able to tell how much MB will be the next Windows Updates.

D

Deleted member 2913

Wow By clicking those direct links for the 10586.494 update I noticed 900 MB download for an update like this xD. No wonder my pc took a while to download and install it. That is a "problem", if you wanna call it that way, that I´m never able to tell how much MB will be the next Windows Updates.
I think the standalone full installer is larger than automatic updates you will get on your system. I think the automatic updates for Win 10 64 is around 500 MB.

I have an account page of my ISP where I can check my usage. Before update download I check my usage & after install I check my usage And as per my usage the updates on Win 10 64 was around 500 MB.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.