Here's what's fixed and improved in Windows 10 build 14393.67 for PCs and phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Microsoft today released Windows 10 build 14393.67 for both PC and Mobile to the Fast, Slow, and Release Preview rings. This is actually the second cumulative update that the company released today; 14393.51 was released to Insiders and non-Insiders alike earlier in the day.

KB3176931 offers everything that we saw in 14393.51 with a couple of additions. In other words, if you've already updated your PC once today, this is all that's new:
  • Addressed issue that causes significantly reduced battery life on Windows Phone when using Bluetooth with “Hey Cortana” feature enabled.

• Addressed issue that prevents users from completing the out-of-box experience (OOBE) with a local account using Korean characters.
If you're on Windows 10 Mobile, you haven't received a cumulative update since 14393.5, so you'll get everything above, as well as the following:
  • Addressed issue that may cause Windows 10 Mobile devices to hang after turning Bluetooth on and off very quickly.
You can check out the full changelog from 14393.51 here, but that was the only part of it that could apply to Windows 10 Mobile.

Microsoft is now gearing up to begin releasing builds from its development branch again, which are codenamed Redstone 2 (Rs2). We're expecting to see Rs2 soon, so if you're on the Fast ring, don't get too comfortable.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Downloading now
Update_08092016.png

Will post back with any new issues found, if any :rolleyes:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok,
You may have an issue at restart where it looks like your custom start screen image is removed, this is not the case, just restart again and all will be fine.
I also had an Issue where WinAntiRansom's PreEmptive Strike kicked in and borked EmsiSofts "Start Up" scan I told it to allow and on restart it was just fine.
I had a few graphics related anomalies too but they seem to have sorted themselves out after the restart.
Hope this helps someone else out. If I run across anymore issues I will list them here.
PeAcE

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi,

Direct download links for 14393.67 CABs (KB176931):

64-bit Download (117 MB)
32-bit Download (68 MB)

Steps to Install .CAB file:
  1. Open "Command Prompt (Admin)"
  2. Lets assume your file is windows10.0-kb176931.cab and is located in "C:\update\"
  3. Now enter the following command in Command Prompt window: dism /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\update\windows10.0-kb176931.cab
Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.