Troubleshoot Hi. Can I restore external HD data to what's a now unallocated partition (unrecognised)?

Palu

Thread author
Nov 18, 2015
New Member: Perhaps I'm slow to learn due to my autism, but after 20 minutes I finally found out why it kept saying, "Leave a valid message." I couldn't find the place where you write your message! MESSAGE... My 3T HD suddenly has lost its data, says it is unallocated, is not recognised by the computer, has no drive letter and the only way I can see it is by using a 3rd party software that says it has no partition anymore. I have thousands of songs I've created on it in the last 5-6 years and want the whole partition restored to normal with all of the data intact. It is also saying it is a LOGICAL partition now and it's all greyed out. Can anybody help me?

I came to this site and joined as a member because I googled for a search to find FREE partition restoration software that was not limited. That brought me to here, where I found what I was looking for, so that the FREE partition restoration software would not leave me hanging with only helping me restore a portion of the data I want to retrieve off my HD when I want to retrieve it all! Still don't know how to go about it, but at least I now have an expired pro version of partition retrieval software I'm confident and hopeful will aid me! I have confidence and faith I will retrieve the identical partition tree structure with folders and files plus all data intact... even though others have told me my HD is toast!

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please click thread tools in the upper right corner and then Edit thread from the dropdown
Ashampoo_Snap_2015.11.18_12h17m52s_003_.png

From there please fill in all fields and click save changes

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.11.18_12h17m20s_002_.png

Somebody will then help you with your question

Reactions: KokoKid and LabZero
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.