Fav. Antivirus
McAfee
Fav. Videogame
MS Flight Simulator

Victag

Thread author
Oct 29, 2014
Hi Gang!

I'm a retired IT professional with some PC-related skills - but apparently not nearly enough! But I have worked with PCs since I started in the business back in '84.

I've run into a problem that I hope I can get some help with. It looks like IE is propagating instances of dllhost.exe*32. I scanned with AV, but nothing shows. Utilization quickly hits 100%, so I'm dead in the water if I use IE (I'm using Firefox in the meanwhile.

Anyway - very glad to have this community available.

Vic from New Jersey

Shaun

Level 2
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Hi Gang!

I'm a retired IT professional with some PC-related skills - but apparently not nearly enough! But I have worked with PCs since I started in the business back in '84.

I've run into a problem that I hope I can get some help with. It looks like IE is propagating instances of dllhost.exe*32. I scanned with AV, but nothing shows. Utilization quickly hits 100%, so I'm dead in the water if I use IE (I'm using Firefox in the meanwhile.

Anyway - very glad to have this community available.

Vic from New Jersey

Hi Vic,

What version of windows are you running?

I have noticed that on my windows 8 IE has so many problems i just kept using FF. I have seamonkey as backup. I prefer FF anyway :p

Shaun

Victag

Thread author
Oct 29, 2014
Hi Vic,

What version of windows are you running?

I have noticed that on my windows 8 IE has so many problems i just kept using FF. I have seamonkey as backup. I prefer FF anyway :p

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I'm running Win 7 Home Premium. I had to google Seamonkey - so now I really feel out of the loop - lol.

Vic

Victag

Thread author
Oct 29, 2014
Could be a windows update then?

Yes, could be - but for some reason I'm more suspicious of one of those pop-ups you get sometimes to "clean" your PC. I might have gotten one and closed it instead of killing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.