Hi, I am a long time subsriber to Malwarebytes with a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBeer

Thread author
Dec 4, 2017
PUP,Optional.Grovario

Malwarebytes finds, quarentines and I delete the (2) PUP's and when I rerun Malwarebytes they return.

File: 2
PUP.Optional.Groovario, C:\USERS\BOB'S DELL\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Web Data, No Action By User, [14580], [455244],1.0.3402
PUP.Optional.Groovario, C:\USERS\BOB'S DELL\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Web Data, No Action By User, [14580], [455244],1.0.3402

Help would be appreciated.
MrBeer

D

Deleted member 65228

Groovario... Reset your browser (e.g. there's usually a full reset option under Settings, make sure it applies for other factors such as your default search engine) and run a scan with HitmanPro (free to do the first scan and clean). Check the detection's with HitmanPro results before blatantly cleaning everything.

If you still have issues or have doubts then post in the Malware Removal Assistance area as suggested by @In2an3_PpG and a member of staff will solve it for you by sending you instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.