Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The latest release of Hitman Pro 3.5.9 – build 126 – will remove the infamous Trojan “Popureb” without the need to reinstall the operating system as previously advised by Microsoft.

Malware like Popureb overwrites the hard drive’s Master Boot Record (MBR), the first sector – sector 0 – where code is stored to bootstrap the operating system after the computer’s BIOS completed its start-up checks. The rootkit hides the MBR by hooking the DriverStartIo of the harddisk driver atapi.sys, making it effectively invisible to both the operating system and most security software.

The Cloud Assisted Miniport Hook Bypass technology that was added to Hitman Pro in an earlier release this month is designed to detect these sophisticated rootkits. Our Cloud Assisted Miniport Hook Bypass is capable of detecting and removing the Popureb bootkit.

Build 126 of Hitman Pro 3.5 contains a new Tool Action: Replace with standard MBR.

A beta version of Hitman Pro 3.5.9 build 126 can be downloaded here:

32-bit: http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro35beta.exe
64-bit: http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro35beta_x64.exe

Link

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i just wait from programs update not download it manually :)
thx for info james :heart:

I

illumination

Thank you for the heads up, am going to get the ole flash drive updated now! :D

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
I think that Popureb destroyed my last computer :dodgy:

I will try out this new one of HM

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I'm very pleased to hear this good news. Grabbing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.