Hitman Pro Alert v3.1.x (licensed version)

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date

Would you buy HitmaPro Alert?

• Total voters
Product name
Hitman Pro Alert
Pros
  • - Light on system (30-40mb )
    - easy to use
    - complete exploit mitigations features
    - many very useful preventive features
    - integrate Hitman Pro malware scanner
CONS
- the malware scanner may gives you false positives
- must have the licensed version to enjoy it fully (all for free will be to easy lol)
BOTTOM LINE
HMPA is a must-have in term of exploit protection, in conjunction with its integrated malware scanner you have a robust protection against malwares. Its simplicity to use will not scare users from the beginners to the experts.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ok guys , long time i didn't made any review, but Hitman Pro Alert (licensed version) deserved one.

i will not do malware testing , others did it already , i will mostly focus on features.

ok so let begins would say the Batman.

User Interface:

HMPA has 2 interfaces , a "standard" one for beginners and a "advanced one" for more skilled users.

fjWG5ke.png

ooy24rm.png

the Advanced Interface allows you a more granular interaction with the software.

Resources Usage

HMP is quite light on resources you barely feel it, on my system it takes around 30mb of RAM.

Fancy Stuff

when protecting you, your apps will be inside a nice colored border with a small indicator the bottom right of what components protects you, while a toast bar will appears.

Features

Scan Computer Feature

this is the integration of the classic and well-known Hitman Pro on-demand scanner; nothing new here. Just click on the icon , HMPA will download the definitions and will run a scan.

Safe Browsing Feature

Here we are in HMPA, this feature as the name suggest, will protect your surfing sessions from malwares.
it will warn you if your browser is at risk for banking/shopping.

Exploit Mitigation Features

The most important part of HMPA, it will protect your apps from existing and future vulnerability used by cybercriminals. It is what we call "surface attack".

Your app will be protected by DEP, ALSR, SEHOP and many other techniques as shown below

Risk Reduction

Finally we have the Risk Reduction components including, keystrokes encryption, USB protection, antiloggers of all sorts, etc... as shown below.

so now you got it, HMPA is an awesome program, that deserves to be on every computers. its simplicity will please everyone.

I hope you liked this simple presentation of HMPA.

edit: i will update the review (with in-depth descriptions) from time to time when i will get more experience with HMPA.

you have here a video of HMPA against some antiloggers made by our trusted member @cruelsister

Video Review - HitmanPro Alert vs a Keylogger

Last edited by a moderator:

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Safe Browsing Feature

Here we are in HMPA, this feature as the name suggest, will protect your surfing sessions from malwares.
it will warn you if your browser is at risk for banking/shopping.

Would this feature depend on the cloud or not?

By the way, I guess the Exploit Mitigation Features only uses windows built-in merchanisms, so they do not depend on the network connection, right?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
L

LabZero

Thread author
Thanks for review @Umbra.

It's a great app but I don't think I buy it because I am already using MBAE and I don't want to use multiple anti-exploit, getting twice the protection, there’s a lot of overlap.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Thanks for review @Umbra.

It's a great app but I don't think I buy it because I am already using MBAE and I don't want to use multiple anti-exploit, getting twice the protection, there’s a lot of overlap.

i am in the same case, but i dont know if i can use MBAE on my other computer...

Reactions: LabZero

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Would this feature depend on the cloud or not?

By the way, I guess the Exploit Mitigation Features only uses windows built-in merchanisms, so they do not depend on the network connection, right?
Some yes, but most are not. It is the only product on the market that uses Hardware last branch tracing for anti exploit.

@Umbra @Klipsh I don't think it is advisable to use MBAE and HitmanPro together. Some of their techniques are very similar and while on the surface both appear to be working fine, don't forget that both hook certain key functions, which can cause conflicts when one of their hooks override the other.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Some yes, but most are not. It is the only product on the market that uses Hardware last branch tracing for anti exploit.

@Umbra @Klipsh I don't think it is advisable to use MBAE and HitmanPro together. Some of their techniques are very similar and while on the surface both appear to be working fine, don't forget that both hook certain key functions, which can cause conflicts when one of their hooks override the other.
Yeah, it might be best to not use both exploit mitigations. Curiously though, I do recall the HitmanPro.Alert webpage claiming it could be used with other anti-exploit software. They updated the page and it doesn't say that anymore.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Apologies to the small offtopic ...
I'm interested these two icons (pictures) ... if not a secret?

ooy24rm.png

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Thingol

Level 1
Verified
Aug 9, 2014
There were a few issues in the earlier stages of development because the scope of the product feature set is greater than MBAE for example but the Loman brothers have done a fantastic job. Hard for me to think of running Windows without it now.

Up until recently I've been of the view you're never really more than restore away from curing most infections if you have a decent back-up strategy but more recently I've become wary about the increased potential for malware to ruin your life through stealing banking/financial details. In addition exploit mitigation is becoming more and more important as malware makes use of vulnerabilities to attack systems in an (often non-persistent way) way traditional solutions struggle to cope-with and you may never be ware of until the consequences come back and bite you. Good back-ups is still my answer to crypto malware but the need for those is severely limited by Crypto Guard too.

HMP.A. covers those bases and more in a light easy to use package. When you see what you get and the effort the developers go to keep the product up to date and resolve compatibility issues you can get why they need to charge for it. Good valur though for me particularly with the latest Halloween deal.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Apologies to the small offtopic ...
I'm interested these two icons (pictures) ... if not a secret?

View attachment 76028

Adguard v6 beta and binisoft Windows Firewall Control.

Indeed, it is same as using EMET with MBAE premium, overlapping and not useful

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I found this from Malwarebytes developer team initial question: "Yeah, maybe that's why HMP.A has sandbox-aware malware vaccination."

Malwarebytes answer: "I'd be careful with that. Some malware when detecting the presence of a VM go berserk and destroy the system just to screw with researchers. A sandbox-aware malware vaccination approach might play against the user with some malware."

Is this correct? Also, can I use this with ESET SS v 9?

Last edited:
Reactions: silversurfer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.