HitMan Pro; Cloud and 5-engine Supremacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
So with its cloud and 5 engines, is HitMan Pro as good as any on-demand scanner out there at finding definite malicious infections thus resulting in few or no false positives? Is it going to find the same hard-to-detect malware that KBRD will?

Forced breach mode is a bonus.

D

Deleted member 178

HMP free is very good, as good as the engines can be but it doesnt worth to pay for removal; better download each engine separately if possible. most of them are free (EEK has 2 of 5 HMP's engines, Dr Web is free if my memory is good, etc...) and you will have the removal capacities.

not saying that if you reformat your computer more than 5 times, you lost the license...

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I used HitMan on my sister's PC the other day and the cloud eliminated several line items as potential threats. It seems like they have really cleaned it up. My thought is that it should be the first thing I run on a PC to see if it is infected, granted the PC will operate in regular mode or safe mode with networking. Of course if it will not boot, I have to go with KBRD, or Combofix via USB.
Thoughts?

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Gnosis said:
I used HitMan on my sister's PC the other day and the cloud eliminated several line items as potential threats. It seems like they have really cleaned it up. My thought is that it should be the first thing I run on a PC to see if it is infected, granted the PC will operate in regular mode or safe mode with networking. Of course if it will not boot, I have to go with KBRD, or Combofix via USB.
Thoughts?

Actually,Hitman pro have false positives,always...I mean ALWAYS use 'quarantine' option. It actually detected my Driver folder. So I got confused and quarantined it. and my system was not working properly,so I got into safe mode and restored the folder.

So,be careful while using it,it detects a few false positive,but without it..your PC is actually 15-25% less secure

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.