Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
HitmanPro 3.6 BETA Build 152

Zf2cH.png

Major change in this release is added Bitdefender engine.

Changelog:
NEW: Bitdefender logo.
IMPROVED: Bootkit detection heuristic.
IMPROVED: Direct Disk Access handling.
IMPROVED: Handling of GPT disks.
IMPROVED: Scheduler starts a scan when it has missed its time window (thanks Adric).
IMPROVED: Scheduler performs Default scan when the last Default scan was at least 30 days ago.
FIXED: Solved a problem where HitmanPro would keep scanning indefinitely.
FIXED: Solved a problem where HitmanPro could not overwrite an existing activation license due to changed file attributes.
FIXED: Solved a problem handling the license files.
FIXED: Solved a problem handing the 'no proxy' setting.
Updated internal white lists.

And some more important informations:
Rollback RX users should no longer see the Win32/Bootkit heuristic detection. Also these users should set HitmanPro to Compatible Disk Mode to prevent excessive report of Suspicious items due to the virtualization of the file system by Rollback RX.

If you want to run this beta as a final release then overwrite C:\Program Files\HitmanPro\HitmanPro.exe with one of the below downloads and add the following registry key:
HKLM\Software\HitmanPro\AutoUpdate REG_DWORD 0 - The key should prevent the beta executable to revert to the current version.

32-bit:
Code:
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro36beta.exe
64-bit:
Code:
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro36beta_x64.exe

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Ikarus is included in Emsisoft?
BitDefender is included in G-Data?

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I think that they are only using Emsisoft's own anti-malware engine and Ikarus AV engine.
But about Bitdefender I have already sent an email to SurfRight with the same question ;)

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Regarding the questions about engines used by HitmanPro, I'd recieved an answer from their support:
Next to our own client based behavioral scan (which finds malware by associating detected behavioral traits), whitelisting and malware removal technology (which handles sophisticated rootkits and bootkits), we are only using the G Data, Dr.Web and Emisoft engines in the cloud to identify the objects our client based technology provides.
Previously, we did not display the Ikarus logo but the Ikarus company requested us to show it on our screen last year (even though it is indeed used through Emsisoft's engine).

Now, for our router based technology called HitmanPro.UTM and Sitecom Cloud Security, we were requested to start promoting the Bitdefender logo.
For the regular HitmanPro software Bitdefender's engine is indeed used through G Data's technology (which also offers G Data's proprietary whitelisting and heuristic technologies). Since Bitdefender won the best AV of the year award last year, we found it a good idea to mention the logo on HitmanPro as well (which we are now allowed to do).

In the coming months we will be launching our own identification engine as well. Because even though the thrid party engines do a nice job, it sometimes takes days before the zero-day or early life malware that HitmanPro finds is identified.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Interesting. Thanks for contacting them.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hmm... Well I know this pic shows the old version of Hitman Pro and found out its likely an often appearance of Hitman Pro Engine thing from a detection of rootkit. ;)

This photo came from CNET (Source of the picture)

223490c0c840a0f8beb7a9f54920a0190ae_12-Scanning_540x429.png

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
HitMan Pro Adds Bitdefender!!!

It might be old news by now, but I just realized that Bitdefender is now part of HitMan Pro's assault on malware.

V

Vextor

RE: HitMan Pro Adds Bitdefender!!!

I did not know about this either. Nice find, and Bitdefender has a good engine, and it's not surprising it's in HMP, as it allows many companies to license it out.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

@ZOU1
You're way late to the party maan :s
Too many late nights listenin' to Rock Music :D
More HERE

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

LOL. I was afraid of that. I am still excited, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.