XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I still doesn't got it, i'm sure hundreds of people spam them lol .
Probably because they haven't visited the forums yet. :)

Erik hasn't replied to my reports yet. :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Okay, I'm in on the private beta.

Works fine with WD + Voodoo

The issues I found were reported

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
for HMPA private testers , i will create a PM "thread" for info exchanges.

Post here if you are a private tester, and i will add you.

Reactions: shmu26

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Found problems early on...

"Trial has Expired
Buy Now"....:(:(:(

But seriously what does secure boot do?! This is the first time I ever disabled it for any reason...

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Found problems early on...

"Trial has Expired
Buy Now"....:(:(:(

But seriously what does secure boot do?! This is the first time I ever disabled it for any reason...
Ask for a license from Erik.

Secure boot does not let unverified software to run, meaning if the software doesn't have MS-signed certificate, then it won't work properly. I'm not sure though which software really needs MS-signed certificate, because, as far as I know, some don't need it to be able to run and work properly.

But putting this into security perspective, malware won't be able to run and persist if secure boot is enabled. :)

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Ah yes @Erik Loman did mention not having "Microsoft co-signed drivers yet", I'm a little bit uncomfortable turning it off... is this the only HMP.A beta which require this to be turned off?!

How does Secure Boot help protect my computer?
Secure Boot Configuration is a feature of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) introduced with BIOS 8 that helps a computer resist attacks and infection from malware. When your computer was manufactured, UEFI created a list of keys that identify trusted hardware, firmware, and operating system loader code. It also created a list of keys to identify known malware. When Secure Boot is enabled, the computer blocks potential threats before they can attack or infect the computer. Any malware or other firmware code that is not recognized is blocked. For example, Secure Boot can prevent your computer from starting from illegally copied CDs or DVDs that could harm the computer. Secure Boot does not lock out valid recovery discs or Windows discs.

Is my computer at risk if I disable Secure Boot?
When Secure Boot is disabled, the computer is at greater risk from "Root Kit" infections that inject themselves before the Windows boot process. Anti-virus or Security software typically does not protect against these types of threats.

Reactions: Parsh and XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I am running the private beta version, and I have safe boot enabled. Despite the warning that it will not work, it does.
I think that the warning depends on how the OS was after the AU. I think the warning applies to clean installed OS (or reinstalled) because Secure Boot will be strictly enforced. I'm not entirely sure about all of these, though. :D

Haven't you reinstalled the OS lately?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Ah yes @Erik Loman did mention not having "Microsoft co-signed drivers yet", I'm a little bit uncomfortable turning it off... is this the only HMP.A beta which require this to be turned off?!

How does Secure Boot help protect my computer?
Secure Boot Configuration is a feature of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) introduced with BIOS 8 that helps a computer resist attacks and infection from malware. When your computer was manufactured, UEFI created a list of keys that identify trusted hardware, firmware, and operating system loader code. It also created a list of keys to identify known malware. When Secure Boot is enabled, the computer blocks potential threats before they can attack or infect the computer. Any malware or other firmware code that is not recognized is blocked. For example, Secure Boot can prevent your computer from starting from illegally copied CDs or DVDs that could harm the computer. Secure Boot does not lock out valid recovery discs or Windows discs.

Is my computer at risk if I disable Secure Boot?
When Secure Boot is disabled, the computer is at greater risk from "Root Kit" infections that inject themselves before the Windows boot process. Anti-virus or Security software typically does not protect against these types of threats.
That's a temporary trade-off. Sooner or later, the devs will release MS-signed builds (beta or stable), just like what they did in the past. So, don't worry too much. :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I think that the warning depends on how the OS was after the AU. I think the warning applies to clean installed OS (or reinstalled) because Secure Boot will be strictly enforced. I'm not entirely sure about all of these, though. :D

Haven't you reinstalled the OS lately?
Sounds like you hit on the right answer, because I have not reinstalled Windows for a real long time.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Safeboot on here too, it installed just fine.
@Umbra , just because I posted here in reply to some issues, Please don't add me to any "PM list". Thanks

Reactions: XhenEd

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Safeboot on here too, it installed just fine.
Good for you... I installed it last night but says the driver doesn't work, so I did disable Safeboot... probably gonna enable it after the backup to see if HMP.A will still run.

the cryptoguard module is really wrecking havoc. fp gallore..... : ccleaner , wisecare 365 and 360ts all flagged as dangerous hmpa stopped them. ofcourse did I report this. luckelly it is STILL called beta :)

If I recall that issue has been there eve on earlier builds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.