Advice Request HitmanPro.Alert actually encrypts key strokes in the browser.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
I wanted to see if HitmanPro.Alert actually encrypts keystrokes in your browser, and it actually does.
If you want me to test anything else just ask and i'll see what i can do.
HTPA Anti-Keylogging2.PNG

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
thanks your test report. I am currently using it and its sibling Hitman Pro to substitute regular AV. I also use KeyScramble Pro to encrypt keystorkes. KeyScramble states that it can protect any keystrokes for 60+ browsers and 170+ standalone apps. Can I kindly request you to test an army of apps at your own convenient disposal for iits(Hitman Pro Alert) effectiveness. Thanks in advance.

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
thanks your test report. I am currently using it and its sibling Hitman Pro to substitute regular AV. I also use KeyScramble Pro to encrypt keystorkes. KeyScramble states that it can protect any keystrokes for 60+ browsers and 170+ standalone apps. Can I kindly request you to test an army of apps at your own convenient disposal for iits(Hitman Pro Alert) effectiveness. Thanks in advance.
Yea I can try, what are the list of apps you'd like me to test.

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yea I can try, what are the list of apps you'd like me to test.
Thanks your kind offer. I shall assemble some for your test.
Meanwhile, I would like your opinion re: On Win 10 home 64 bits, updated to the teeth, WD disabled, running HitmanPro.Alert, HitmanPro, Voodoo Shield and OSAmor, no other regular AV. Is my baby safely covered ? I personally like these signature-less apps, except HitmanPro on demand once a while. Thanks.

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
Thanks your kind offer. I shall assemble some for your test.
Meanwhile, I would like your opinion re: On Win 10 home 64 bits, updated to the teeth, WD disabled, running HitmanPro.Alert, HitmanPro, Voodoo Shield and OSAmor, no other regular AV. Is my baby safely covered ? I personally like these signature-less apps, except HitmanPro on demand once a while. Thanks.
Honestly i'm not the person to ask, but in my opinion that looks great to me, and you're welcome.
I'll be waiting for the list!
I also have KeyScrambler Premium 3.12.0.1, so I can test.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragongate888

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Honestly i'm not the person to ask, but in my opinion that looks great to me, and you're welcome.
I'll be waiting for the list!
a brief list: Air Explorer, IDM (internet download manager), MEGA cloud storage, PCloud Drive and any OFFICE suite. Thanks.

Reactions: Bozalosc

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
What's ZAL, Zone Alarm?

Zemana AntiLogger , ZAL . the Zemana had other product call Zemana AntiMalware , ZAM .

ZAL also had a Keystroke Logging Protection ,
can u help to make a test for ZAL , just like you did on HMPA ?

Thanks .

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
Zemana AntiLogger , ZAL . the Zemana had other product call Zemana AntiMalware , ZAM .

Thanks .
Yes, i will.

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
a brief list: Air Explorer, IDM (internet download manager), MEGA cloud storage, PCloud Drive and any OFFICE suite. Thanks.

I am using premium version aswell.
fully up to date 3.12.0.1
KeyScrambler.PNG

Air Explorer wouldn't let me record any logs what so ever.
Air Explorer.PNG

IDM wasn't secure at all.
IDM.PNG

Neither was pCloud
pCloud.PNG

I lost the screen for a text document but the only thing it record was my backspaces and enters
with KeyScrambler on, with it off it recorded the key strokes perfectly.
KeyOFF.PNG

I do have to add it worked in my browser perfectly fine and encrypted the logs.

Attachments

• I am using it.PNG
    I am using it.PNG
    4.6 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018

Thanks .
Well I don't know if i did something wrong or install the wrong program, but it didn't do anything in my browser which is pretty concerning.
I got it off there official website as well.
Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
Well I don't know if i did something wrong or install the wrong program, but it didn't do anything in my browser which is pretty concerning.
I got it off there official website as well.

Not sure what happen , because i am not profession .

However i did a little test in Jan 8, 2018 ,
I use " SpyShelter Security Test Tool " to test :
SpyShelter Security Test Tool 1.2 released

If i active Keystroke Logging Protection by Zemana AntiLogger ,
the test tool only can get the words already encrypt ,
if i disable it , than the test tool will success to get the words what i just enter .

HMPA also did great on SpyShelter Security Test Tool .

Reactions: Jack and Bozalosc

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
Not sure what happen , because i am not profession .

However i did a little test in Jan 8, 2018 ,
I use " SpyShelter Security Test Tool " to test :
SpyShelter Security Test Tool 1.2 released

If i active Keystroke Logging Protection by Zemana AntiLogger ,
the test tool only can get the words already encrypt ,
if i disable it , than the test tool will success to get the words what i just enter .

HMPA also did great on SpyShelter Security Test Tool .

I don't know, i tried to reinstall it made sure everything was upto date, restarted my computer, everything is on, i didn't touch any settings i left them at default.
Capture4.PNG
Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

I'm using an actual R.A.T program, making a test R.A.T and infecting my computer then opening the keylogging feature. So i'd say this is kinda of a real world test.

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
I don't know, i tried to reinstall it made sure everything was upto date, restarted my computer, everything is on, i didn't touch any settings i left them at default.

I'm using an actual R.A.T program, making a test R.A.T and infecting my computer then opening the keylogging feature. So i'd say this is kinda of a real world test.

Thanks for testing again ,
but i really don't know what is going on .

If you don't mind , maybe you can try to contact Zemana officail ,
they should give you a answer for it .

Reactions: Jack and Bozalosc
E

Eddie Morra

@Bozalosc thanks the test. I have a feeling that the combination of HitmanPro.Alert and KeyScrambler Premium would give me a better protection. Thanks again.
If you're using HitmanPro.Alert for keystroke encryption, the combination can start conflicting at any moment when things are updated through updates because both of them are supposed to be doing the same thing - you never know when a conflict could happen and you may not even be aware that such has occurred.

Be my guest if you want to do this, but it is a really bad idea from a stability and security point-of-view.

Bozalosc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2018
If you're using HitmanPro.Alert for keystroke encryption, the combination can start conflicting at any moment when things are updated through updates because both of them are supposed to be doing the same thing - you never know when a conflict could happen and you may not even be aware that such has occurred.

Be my guest if you want to do this, but it is a really bad idea from a stability and security point-of-view.
I disabled it when starting the test, I can completely uninstall it to see if that works.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Is there any free app for this? I guess kaspersky free av have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.