Advice Request HMP.Alert (Paid) and Zemana's ID Theft Protection compatible or conflict?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Quick question regarding the paid versions of HitmanPro.Alert and Zemana AL Premium.

Would there be any compatibility issues between running HitmanPro.Alert (Paid) and Zemana AntiLogger 2 Premium with ID Theft enabled?

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Shouldn't be. HMP and ZAL cover different things. Exploit protection and well anti logger. You can always try excluding each other if there are any. :)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@J Gamez065 I couldn't find any or much documentation for ZAL 2, but I don't think ID Theft Protection would be an anti-logger component - that's already in real-time. In other software, ID Theft protection is usually behaviour-based detection / protection.

ZAL 2.0 User Guide's PDF still documents ZAL 1.9.x.

Hence my question.

FrankS

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
For testing I had installed HMP.Alert, ZAL, Emsisoft IS, MBAM and voodooshield on my virtual machine. There were no obvious conflicts. You could also test it on a virtual machine, before installing on your real system.

Edit: if there are some issues on typing with your keyboard just disable the keyboard encryption on HMP.Alert. I also did it as HMP.Alert ran with G Data AV.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If we are clearly to analyze the concept background, then both can run together.

One takes care for exploits attacks and other one for security breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.