Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hook Analyser 3.1 – Malware Analysis Tool
Hook Analyser is a freeware application which allows an investigator/analyst to perform “static & run-time / dynamic” analysis of suspicious applications, also gather (analyse & co-related) threat intelligence related information (or data) from various open sources on the Internet.
Essentially it’s a malware analysis tool that has evolved to add some cyber threat intelligence features & mapping.
14248922053_0da9bf2c14.jpg

Hook Analyser is perhaps the only “free” software in the market which combines analysis of malware analysis and cyber threat intelligence capabilities. The software has been used by major Fortune 500 organisations.
Features/Functionality
  • Spawn and Hook to Application – Enables you to spawn an application, and hook into it
  • Hook to a specific running process – Allows you to hook to a running (active) process
  • Static Malware Analysis – Scans PE/Windows executables to identify potential malware traces
  • Application crash analysis – Allows you to analyse memory content when an application crashes
  • Exe extractor – This module essentially extracts executables from running process/s
The only similar tool I recall is – Malware Analyser v3.0 : Malware Analyser v3.0 – A Static & Dynamic Malware Analysis Tool – which is by the same author and I assume is the precursor of the more advanced Hook Analyser.
You can download Hook Analyser v3.1 - here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14iXoERDGdatSABiqa66GnKu78Wju49Me2z_h6lUhBHk/viewform
Home website of Hook Analyser : http://hookanalyser.blogspot.fr/

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
QUOTE from the website:

Preview 1 : Hook Analyser 3.2

Readers,

It's been a while since I posted any news about the next version (v 3.2) of Hook Analyser, so decided to give some update on this front.

New (Sub) Module : I am happy to announce that the next release will have a capability to pull information (near real-time) from social media website (Twitter), and you'd be able to analyse the results efficiently, including your brand promoter etc. This module will be a part of overarching Cyber Threat Intelligence module.

Thoughts - The module is not only useful for pulling and analysing information related to Cyber security, it can be used for other purposes e.g. brand monitoring, data breach monitoring or 'any' news / feeds etc. There are several use-cases which can be made out of this.

Reactions: DardiM
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.