On Sale! Horizon Rollback RX (new version 11) 50% discount $34.50 USD

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
This promotion runs until 4th September 2018.

I am based in the UK but used a VPN to pretend I was in the USA (that way I pay in dollars which is cheaper). I also used a fake ID generator on the web to show my address and Zip Code as California. This avoids any sales tax.

Horizon DataSys Online Store

The latest version of Rollback RX apparently deals with Windows 10 updates better. I have used previous versions and have found the software to be a neat way of quickly restoring a system or totally uninstalling software. There is some debate as to whether it causes excessive wear on SSDs, but I consider Rollback RX a very good line of defence in case of ransomware infection etc. Its not a backup solution like Macrium Reflect but it can help you get out of trouble conveniently.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I wouldn't give Horizon DataSys one more penny of my money, they completely screwed their customer base first by not putting out a timely update of it's software when Windows 10 came out, if memory serves me correctly it took them almost 6 months to a year to have a working Windows 10 version and even then it was basically a half baked "patched" buggy version of RollBack Rx and every version after that was basically the same and never really worked correctly.
All the while they kept touting this version 11 that their customers where "supposed" to be able to upgrade free to, and now years later I guess they forgot or a better term is they didn't think their customer base would remember, they come out with version 11 and now they want their PAID customer base to pay for YET another version ....... Ummm, NO, screw me once shame on you, you won't get a chance to screw me twice.

Give Your money to Easy Fix (Google It), It's been around before Rollback Rx, You will notice a striking similarity to Rollback, Hmmm, wonder where HorizonData Sys stole their idea from??

Better yet, purchase yourself a licensed copy of Macrium Reflect, it works light years better than Rollback, it's license may be a little more expensive but it comes with a LIFETIME upgrade, that's right, they don't screw over their customer base.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Eazy Solution (EazyFix) is parent company of HDS (RX), so same product, it manages international sales while HDS is for USA, So if you pay for EazyFix, you pay to HDS.

Last edited by a moderator:

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
You make a fair point Dark Knight- version 11 of Rollback Rx pro is just fixing some bugs in Version 10. Plus they haven't ever sorted out the issue with SSDs, and whether the product properly supports TRIM. These all weigh against Rollback RX and is why I am exploring Macrium as a potential alternative, IF it can make fast backups and restores on an automatic, daily basis. However, it does require an external drive to function.

In the meantime, I do like Rollback RX despite its flaws. Overall, the positives strongly outweigh the negatives for me at this moment in time. In the future i might migrate to Macrium- at least on my desktop PC.

Reactions: Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
You make a fair point Dark Knight- version 11 of Rollback Rx pro is just fixing some bugs in Version 10. Plus they haven't ever sorted out the issue with SSDs, and whether the product properly supports TRIM. These all weigh against Rollback RX and is why I am exploring Macrium as a potential alternative, IF it can make fast backups and restores on an automatic, daily basis. However, it does require an external drive to function.

In the meantime, I do like Rollback RX despite its flaws. Overall, the positives strongly outweigh the negatives for me at this moment in time. In the future i might migrate to Macrium- at least on my desktop PC.

Exactly, and they threw some eye candy in their by changing the GUI a little bit also, so I guess this warrants having to purchase and entirely new license right?

I fully support Macrium, I own a license. Macrium works without a fuss and guess what? their license is up-gradable for life! They don't rip their customer base off!

I wouldn't give HorizonData Sys my money even if the offer was 99% off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

That is not a fix, it's called a work around.
Exactly what I said.

As a software tester, RX is way more convenient to me that any imaging soft, I use macrium paid on a non-test computer, it can't compare to RX speed and ease of use.
When I test a soft for a company, I don't have time to waste waiting 5-10mn every time i need a clean system.

Personally, I don't care of a company sales practice, if the product does exactly what I want and no others does.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Exactly what I said.

:) sorry, my bad, I just effin hate this company and it's bait and switch tactics :mad: I will deter others from wasting their money buy purchasing this from rip off artists whenever and wherever I can, there are alternatives that have more honorable business practices and actually work better.

Reactions: Alexhousek
D

Deleted member 178

there are alternatives that have more honorable business practices and actually work better.
Sadly, no. I checked many.
The closest one was AX64, awesome one but ruined and now abandoned when the original dev sold it to a shitty backup soft company.
The other one was a Korean soft, excellent too but never marketed internationally.

I will be happy if you orient me to a better but similar snapshot soft than RX.

At the moment I still use v10. 7, I'm happy with it, no need to be hurry getting v11, there is no major changes or new features.

There is no real alternative to RBRx out there. For convenience it is indispensable. RBRx is one of my three favorite softs, although I will admit that there are long periods of time where I do not use it... and that is simply because I do not need it during those times.

Macrium rapid delta restore doesn't even come close to RBRx.

The SSD TRIM issue is solved with the ability to disabe the protection. Besides, if your SSD is always at less than 25 % capacity, then you can get away without trimming it for 6 months or longer without any kind of issues. If it is 50 % and higher I would trim it once every 3 months or so. If anyone doubts the veracity of those statements, then research it. Or ask Froggy the Rollback Frog over at Wilders. In fact, Froggy will probably tell you that you can get away with 12 months and 6 months instead of my guideline which is 6 and 3 months.

Since major Windows Updates require one to disable RBRx to apply the updates, there is ample opportunity to TRIM the system after you've run cleanmgr to remove all the garbage that Windows Update leaves behind. So, in short, that makes the TRIM issue a moot point.

Since HDS puts out a major version of RBRx only once every two years or longer, buy it on-sale at 50% off and you have gotten a good deal. The cost per year between major versions is low.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Macrium rapid delta restore doesn't even come close to RBRx.

Sorry, But that is just a matter of opinion

You can upgrade Windows without having to shut Macrium down, can't do that with Roll back.
Who cares that system snapshots have to be taken manually with Macrium? I'd rather do mine manually anyway, at least I know I am getting the snapshot(s) I want.
Macrium is also not running in my system tray constantly sucking on my system resources waiting on the next time it will take a snapshot, a snapshot that I will PROBABLY never use, Yeah so I have to make 3 or 4 clicks for a snapshot, it's not a big deal.

Macrium doesn't slow down my boot time also like Rollback does.
I can restore my system with a Macrium snapshot in less than a minute from start to finish, If Rollback does it faster (although it never did for me) then bravo!

Since HDS puts out a major version of RBRx only once every two years or longer, buy it on-sale at 50% off and you have gotten a good deal. The cost per year between major versions is low.
Umm, No, it's not a good deal.
Pay for Macrium once, upgrade it for life, major version or not.
Or
One can try this as a Rollback alternative, Flashback is X64 rebranded, even at FULL price is still cheaper than Rollback WITH a 50% discount, LMAO!:
FLASHBACK by Xeroweight – Snapshot Imaging Backup – Simplest backup and restore software for Windows suitable for the everday man.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Sorry, But that is just a matter of opinion
no it is not, Macrium is slower, i know, i have both.

You can upgrade Windows without having to shut Macrium down, can't do that with Roll back.
When i upgrade, i clean install; so it doesn't matter. Also uninstalling/reinstalling cost 5mn...so unbearable...LOOOOL

Who cares that system snapshots have to be taken manually with Macrium? I'd rather do mine manually anyway, at least I know I am getting the snapshot(s) I want.
maybe you don't, but some people cares. and since RX is faster, it is done silently, you won't wait.
Not saying Macrium also does scheduled backup...

Macrium is also not running in my system tray constantly sucking on my system resources waiting on the next time it will take a snapshot, a snapshot that I will PROBABLY never use, Yeah so I have to make 3 or 4 clicks for a snapshot, it's not a big deal.
check your processes , you will see Macrium running in the background...(4 processes exactly against 2 for RX)...so much for not eating resources ROFL

Most importantly, the thread is not "do you like RX or not and why?" , it is a promotion thread.
It is not because you had a bad experience with RX that other will have too and shouldn't use it. So if you hate the company, cut the crap, don't interfere in this thread, and let people enjoy the promotion.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
no it is not, Macrium is slower, i know, i have both.
And so do I, so like I said, a matter of opinion.

check your processes , you will see Macrium running in the background...(4 processes exactly against 2 for RX)...so much for not eating resources LOL...

LOL .... not if you turn them off and only run the program when it's needed .... LOL :eek:

It is not because you had a bad experience with RX that other will have and shouldn't use it. So if you hate the company, don't interfere in this thread, and let people enjoy the promotion.
I'm not the only one, why don't you go to the Rollback forum and see just how many there are that literally hate this company and it's software and it's practices. They are liars and thieves.
People need to know about it so they can make an educated decision for themselves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

And so do I, so like I said, a matter of opinion.
wait wait !!!! you hate a company and its product and you keep using it? seriously? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOL .... not if you turn them off and only run the program when it's needed .... LOL :eek:
so you compare one by tweaking it with another one which you don't? LOL

I'm not the only one, why don't you go to the Rollback forum and see just how many there are that literally hate this company and it's software and it's practices. They are liars and thieves.
i dont care of whiners; im not a sheep following others...RX works for me, allow me to work way more conveniently than with Macrium, the rest doesn't matter (i dont care of the company, its board or how their toilets are...)
Macrium is for me a complement to RX , not a replacement.
I use what benefit me, not what please others.

itwt

Reactions: Mr.X and Viking

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
A bit out of topic.
If you don't like a company's product why do you hate the company?
I just don't get it.
You don't like the company's software or the company for whatever reason sale policy,support etc. just move to another one.
There are so many companies which offer similar products.
No need to hate just move forward.
As for RBRX i like it because it's easy to use but there are some issues on SSD.
Mine isn't so much about the TRIM but the small capacity of my SSD only 120 GB.
If i could save the snapshot to an external device it would be great.
Sorry for my of topic answer.

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Seeing as this is turning into a general chat about Rollback RX, does anyone know if Macrium captures Rollback snapshots when saving images ? The last thing I read was that it didn’t and, even it did, any such backup would probably be unstable.

Reactions: upnorth

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Seeing as this is turning into a general chat about Rollback RX, does anyone know if Macrium captures Rollback snapshots when saving images ? The last thing I read was that it didn’t and, even it did, any such backup would probably be unstable.

Where did you read that?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.