Horrible redirects, Fake Flash Player updates, etc.

kechua123

Thread author
Aug 25, 2017
Hi all, sorry for some dumb questions but I am beyond frustration. Been fighting some nasty browser redirects, such as fake Flash Player Updates, Google searches going to Yahoo, crazy Wizard games pages, etc. At times Norton will catch a "Malvertisement Website Redirect 21", etc. These happen in Firefox, Chrome and IE. I have tried ALL of the suggested steps in the "
How to remove Web Browser Redirect Virus (Windows Help Guide)" to no help. Still there. In fact, there really isn't ANYTHING that the different tools really find other than clearing up browser histories, cookies, etc. No REAL Malware found. Dumb Question. Seems to be around the time of a system hardware replacement of a new motherboard and processor. Can the MB BIOS be infected? Also around the same time I installed "Seagate Dashboard" for my USB drive. I hence removed the dashboard and again, still plagued. HELP PLEASE, at wits end here.
Thank you kindly in advance for any assistance.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.