How AI solutions will change our lives | Kaspersky official blog

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Beyond the various geopolitical events that defined 2022, on the technological level, it was the year of AI. I might as well start by coming clean: until very recently, whenever I’d be asked about AI in cybersecurity, I’d dismiss it as vaporware. I always knew machine learning had many real-world applications; but for us in the infosec world, AI had only ever been used in the cringiest of product pitches. To me, “AI-powered” was just an elegant way of vendors of saying “we have no existing knowledge base or telemetry, so we devised a couple of heuristics instead”. I remain convinced that in more than 95% of cases, the resulting products contained little actual AI either. But the thing is, while marketing teams were busy slapping “AI” stickers on any product that involved k-means calculus as part of its operation, the real AI field was actually making progress.

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I think many will lose their jobs and more will think less and just use the answers they get from the apps. Also, businesses will experience difficulties when they realize that many of those who buy from them do so because of what they earn from jobs that they lost.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.