How Assistant replaces OK Google, Google Now and Now on Tap

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hiding within Google's new Allo messenger is one intriguing feature that was demoed at I/O this year: Assistant. Since the announcement and even now that Allo is accessible to many, there's been a lot of confusion about what this Assistant is, where it works, where it doesn't, what it's capable of, why it lives inside a chat application of all places, and why it had to be known as a different entity from all the other ways you can do Google searches. In the following article, I'll try to answer many of these questions and show the benefits and pitfalls of Assistant today, then discuss its future potential.

Your Assistant at your service, anytime, anywhere

Facebook, WhatsApp, SMS, Snapchat, Hangouts, Telegram, are all our hubs for reaching out to friends, family members, coworkers, and other acquaintances, so why not use that same approach to talk to an artificial entity too?

Siri, Cortana, Hound, Google Search, and now Assistant, they all started as smarter search engines, but as time passes, they are becoming more akin to full-fledged assistants, managing your everyday life, tasks, plans, information, etc... And you talk to your assistant, you don't "Google" him/her. That's why I think the chat approach makes more sense in some contexts than doing a plain search.

Continue Reading - http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...stant-replaces-augments-ok-google-now-on-tap/

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.