How can I get rid of gestyy.com hijacking malware?

nikkx1

Thread author
Dec 22, 2019
My Android phone has been hijacked by gestyy.com adware/malware. How can I remove it? It keeps opening its page at random. Any fix for this except the classic stuff we do on Chrome???

Reactions: [correlate]

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey Nikkx1,
Are you seeing this redirect on a specific site or on all sites that you visit? What phone are you using? Are you connected to the Wifi when this redirect happens?

Let's reset Chrome to its default settings:

1. Open your device’s “Settings” menu, then tap on “Apps”
2. Find and tap on the Chrome app.
3. Tap “Storage”.
4. Tap “Manage storage”.
5. Tap “Clear all data”.
6. Confirm by tapping “Ok”.

nikkx1

Thread author
Dec 22, 2019
Hi,

this redirect happens randomly while using other apps or FB, messenger, Chrome etc. . I use a Leagoo S8 pro, 6 GB ram for the last two years without any problem. Your tip does not work. It keeps opening every let's say 15 minutes....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.