Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Razer's move to go green isn't just about Sneki Sneks and saving trees; it's a comprehensive effort that extends across the entire company.

What you need to know
  • Razer outlined a 10-year environmental roadmap as part of the #GoGreenWithRazer campaign.
  • The company will move to renewable energy, use recycled and recyclable materials, and become carbon neutral.
  • Razer's Sneki Snek campaign has already helped save 100,000 trees.
Razer's Sneki Snek campaign that helps save trees has been surprisingly successful. The campaign recently hit the milestone of saving 100,000 trees, and Razer expanded its goals. Now, Razer has announced a 10-year environmental roadmap under the #GoGreenWithRazer banner. The program includes using renewable energy, using recycled and recyclable materials, and going carbon neutral.

Razer's targets are to use 100% renewable energy by 2025, to use recycled or recyclable materials in all products by 2030, and to be 100% carbon neutral by 2030. It's a comprehensive effort that spans the entire company.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Who doesn't need this latest item from Razer? :D
What you need to know
  • Razer announced a reusable straw that comes in a carrying case.
  • The straw features a Silicone tip and telescopic design.
  • It's part of Razer's initiative to be more green and sustainable.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, my attitude is a little different. Sure it might seem opportunistic by Razer, but if the end result puts even a mild ding in the utterly despicable way people in general abuse the environment, then fine: more power to Razer.

I'm picking up literally dozens of discarded straws, even more since viewing some gruesome images of water-life being killed by this thoughtless crap. Can't wait til summer when this garbage will increase exponentially. I'll be ready....

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Razer's new clothing lineup aims to make waves by helping save the ocean:
What you need to know
  • Razer will sell its Kanagawa Wave Apparel collection of clothing for a limited time.
  • The clothing features iconic wave artwork and is made from recycled marine plastics.
  • The limited run for the collection drops on April 7, 2021 at 10 PM ET.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
On Earth Day, Razer sets up $50 million Green Fund to help out Green startups:
For World Earth Day 2021, Razer has established a $50 million fund to help Green startups that seek to build sustainable, environment-friendly products. While Razer is known for its gaming and related lifestyle products, it has recently been trying to promote greener solutions and cleaner means of doing things, and we don't think it has anything to do with Razer's greenish color theme which it has.

Last month on World Water Day, Razer enacted a 10-year roadmap under a new #GoGreenWithRazer banner promising to do things in the most eco-friendly ways. The $50 million fund which it launched today is also part of that initiative. The company has further announced that the first seed investment has been made towards The Nurturing Co., a tiny startup based in Singapore which gave birth to the "BAMBALOO" brand. which became one of Asia's first zero-waste plastic packaging-free sustainable brands. In fact, the firm went on to win the 2020 Asian Startup Award. The investment has been made via Razer's venture arm 'zVentures'.

As part of its 10-year #GoGreenWithRazer roadmap, Razer hopes to achieve the following:
  • Eradicate the use of single-use plastics across all of its offices, and switch to 100% use of recycled and recyclables. Office operations are 100% carbon-neutral by the end of 2021 to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
  • Using 100% Renewable Energy by 2025.
  • Achieving 100% Carbon Neutrality by 2030, and
  • All of its products to use recycled or recyclable materials by 2030.
Razer has requested interested parties to contact it via the address here or you could also do so directly through the link in the official blog here.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, my Corsair keyboard started typing doubles instead of singles so it was time. I was gonna get a Glorious PC keyboard but remembered this thread and demoed a Razer full sized keyboard in-store. Bought the mini immediately.

It is a 60% Razer mechanical RGB--a little gem! It takes some getting used to because it's so small and some keys like the Del, right and left arrows are gone--as well as the number pad. Now I have real elbow room on my small trestle table for a desk. Nice and clicky without being obnoxious. Never going back to membrane keyboards

Thanks again for this post, Gandalf_The_Grey-- though I bet you didn't expect someone to actually go out and buy a Razer. :cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.