How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
In our home, we are outnumbered by the amount of rescued cats we care for & love.:rolleyes: Amazingly, none would know this:confused: by the non-existant odors. Even when my son comes home to visit, we do not surpass in numbers these cuddly (& often times infuriating:mad:) living, breathing, stuffed animals, whom bring us a great deal of joy! So, when I was deciding upon a username I'd thought:eek:_O writing it down like a scorecard might make a good one. I hope you think so too.

BTW, @ofbeautyandrage, the band Red chose well and so did you!:cool:

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Many years ago, about 18 years i think i was putting my jeans on on a cold winters morning and i got a hell of a fright as there a frog in one of the legs and my wife started calling me frogboy so when i joined MT i said to my wife what should i pick as a username and there you have it frogboy was born. :D

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
kev comes from my name Kevin, but people call me often kev, so I chose that. Once i needed to make a new gmail adress, but my name was already taken and one of the suggestions was adding 216 to it, so since then its my lucky number and I use it everywhere :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I dont remember but was registering at some forum or site & was in hurry & every name I was trying was already registered so I tried yesno (Yes + No) & it too came already registered then tried yesnoo i.e extra o & was available. So I just tried yesnoo on other forums & sites & was available.

I am thinking of changing yesnoo on all forums & sites.

I

illumination

Thread author
I'm the guy that stands back out of situations and watches, moving around in the background gathering information while doing this, I am able to see the whole picture of the situation, where those that are deeply involved tend to see only partial bits from concentrating on the upfront aspects. After a bit of time, I will enter the situation to "illuminate" what they are over looking.

N

Noxx

Thread author
Inspired by the Nox people from the Stargate SG1 franchise lore. They were somewhat of a "nature" race (lived in a forested planet), they were highly intelligent (heightened senses in general), harnessed bio-electric fields to resurrect people as well as to render objects invisible, somewhat pacifistic, but nevertheless had the technological ability to defend themselves against hostile threats if need be.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
The most interesting thread I've read in quite a while.

My username is quite simple. A few years ago I got tired of changing usernames so I took a month or so to determine something I'd enjoy. Something unique that no one else would end up using.

Ookami (also spelled as Okami sometimes) is Japanese for wolf. My favorite animal. I also have interest in anime (who could have guessed that?), but more than that, an interest in the Japanese language and culture. Originally, I was going to translate it to German (my family's heritage is German - very common in Pennsylvania), however it seems wolf is wolf in German. I suppose when you think about it it makes sense that some words match being a Germanic language and all.

Now Creed is simply there because I follow my own ways, my own beliefs and no one else's. No real story to that. The total length of my name is also for a reason. I needed a username that fit 16 or less characters (mostly so I could use the name on Xbox Live - I don't like having different usernames at the same time).

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
The most interesting thread I've read in quite a while.

Kinda agree, really awesome thread, thank you for opening it @ofbeautyandrage :)

I love travelling, so I decided to register with something related to it. I use Dreams+Visions [would love to get the & one, but that one was already registered] for Flickr (photography can express emotions, wishes, new ideas, tickle sbd. phantasies, I love to share my shots, but I can spend hours on watching those by others, too...), but I thought, this one would not fit here.
So, that's it :)

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
My nick is straightforward I guess, but I chose it for the qualities it represents. I like deep study and contemplation, working on something for hours for the sake of artistic perfection,learning about the past, artifacts and other esoteric subjects.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Mine is a nickname people used to call my grandfather in my hometown. Bora from Borivoje (common Slavic name) and Murdar roughly mean "nasty". He was my life teacher, my third parent, and the reason why I became a doctor. He died last year in July. In that period I was thinking of changing my username as it constantly reminded me of him and the period when he left us, but I came up with the right decision at the end. :)

O

ofbeautyandrage

Thread author
Wow! :eek: I never thought I'd get so many great responses! :) I was smiling going all the way down the page reading each one. Some very interesting, funny and heartwarming stories here. :D Thank you everybody for finding this thread interesting enough to take your time to share your stories, I'm not sure whether to reply to you all individually but I'd love to.

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I am too lazy to pick one, so I am using my Gaming name.
I have been gaming in some of the top FPS games for the past 20yrs.
CyberGhosT, Apex-Predator, and OzzMan are the 3 I have used for years.
Funny fact I had CyberGhosT before cyberghost VPN came about.
PeAcE

O

ofbeautyandrage

Thread author
@Cats-4_Owners-2 Well I've always found your username interesting! I grew up with two wonderful dogs but I've always wanted a cat, I guess that's why we can live vicariously through other people. :p Thank you, their latest album is exceptional, I think its much better than the last one.

@frogboy LOL! I would have flipped out myself. I wonder how he got in there, he must of been looking for a warm place to get out of the cold. Maybe he saw that you were going somewhere and wanted to go too? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.