how do I dual boot win 7 and linux with 2 hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
I have a second hard drive in my computer that I would like to put Linux Ubuntu on and have a choice of
which OS to boot too. I have installed Linux on computers several times so that is no problem, but I am unsure of how the dual boot will work to get my choice of OS.
Thanks in advance for your help.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide

You may try to install this on your main hard drive, but for booting just go to your BIOS and arrange the boot priority. May not result on dual boot but it can recognize content on a second hard disk to boot an OS.

Rozesky2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 12, 2014
Yes I could do it that way. That would be a good idea if I want to use the second drive. To use the main hard drive I would just install it with the dual boot option with Ubuntu now that I have win 7 installed

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.