How do you keep track of your passwords?

How do you keep track of your passwords?

• Total voters
B

Brian

Thread author
I mainly use a password manager. I also just use the same password for some sites. How do you keep track of all your passwords?

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
Password manager is the only way to go. Norton Identity Safe is what I use, I enjoy the auto form fill and credit card storage better than the password part.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I have two very complex passwords that I use all of the time. One is for online banking and transactions, the other is for recreation. I have them both memorized and use them all of the time. That way, I don't forget them.

I

illumination

Thread author
I use a combination of password manager and complex passwords! The password manager i use is Lastpass...

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I mainly use the same passwords with only my Google Account having a generated password from LastPass, since I can recover most accounts if any problems happen. I do use LastPass most of the time and keep all my passwords in the online vault, so I can just find generated passwords if I forget them (which I will :p).

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
LastPass, then common passwords for non-sensitive websites.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
Started using lastpass and love it :) saves me time so i do not even have to type and find mine. Also if i lose it i know where i can find them, in the vault.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I was a Roboform users for many years but after they started limiting their freeware version and changing lifetime license agreement and over-charging users, I switched to LastPass.

I was able to import all of my saved logins and passwords from Roboform into LastPass without problems.
I'm very happy with the change to LastPass.

Thanks.:D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I use BrainLocker to store my passwords. LastPass let me down so I won't use that no more.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I use LastPass. The only passwords I need to remember is the LastPass password, a couple of e-mail account passwords, Windows password (this one is not that complex, though) and the pass-phrase for my wireless. The wireless pass-phrase is long but it uses an easy to remember (and enter) padding (something like $#$#$#$#$m8Xbu31E$#$#$#$#$).

acuariano

May 16, 2011
i use random password generator and password generato pro to generate passsword.
since i use zemana it blocks clipboard and there is no neeed for these password storage managers
--just one question,i also use sandboxie,and in the pass when i tried keypass and keepass
both coudn't work filling the fields...i guess s becuase of sandboxie...has anybody tried run these 2 in a sandbox browser [ie8]?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually I use same password from my Yahoo Account and this forum. Then others like Facebook and PTC sites are different.

I actually use brain and write them in a paper in case of trouble.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Littlebits said:
I was a Roboform users for many years but after they started limiting their freeware version and changing lifetime license agreement and over-charging users, I switched to LastPass.

Exactly the same with me. I did actually buy a lifetime license for the pro version to get more password capability over the free version. But when they released version 7 which requires an annual subscription and the lifetime license I had already purchase did not apply to this new version, I moved on because that's a stupid trick. But the lifetime license? Oh, you can use version 6 as long as you want... :mad:

Unfortunately, my banks website is one that LastPass can't deal with. :s

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
LastPass,never had any problems with this addon.I try to use complex passwords so remembering them isn't really a good option.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.