Advice Request How fast do the Bitdefender and Avira engines of Tencent and Qihoo update?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
How fast do the Bitdefender and Avira engines of Tencent, Emsisoft and Qihoo update? Compared to Bitdefender/Avira?

Reactions: Wave

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
When I last used Bitdefender a few days ago, its Bitdefender signatures were just over a day behind what was shown on the Bitdefender website. I did not check the date of the Avira signatures.

Combofix

Level 1
Oct 12, 2015
It depend their contracts. I use Qihoo and see avira faster than bitdefender but just at text. If you check at online virusscanner you can see differences e.g. i scan a malware sample on virustotal avira and bitdefender find it but updated qihoo doesnt catch also it say updated my vdb. Generally these updates come in a few days back and they cant share all antivirus codes.

Reactions: Wave and Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Tencent update every 3 hours.
They check for updates every 180 minutes, but do you receive updates every 180 minutes? ;)

Avast has Streaming Updates so the user is always protected, without needing the program to check for updates. - Just to make a point.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
They check for updates every 180 minutes, but do you receive updates every 180 minutes? ;)

Avast has Streaming Updates so the user is always protected, without needing the program to check for updates. - Just to make a point.
With 360 Essentials I receive Bitdefender updates once daily. I haven't activated Avira's engine.

Nirmaljot singh baidwan

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2017
I think trustport is the best, i m using it and it uses avg, Bitdefender,dr web,virusblokada. It's crazy. It uses its own signatures too but i don't know how effective they are. But every now and then i keep updating it and even after short span of half an hour or so the update size can be around 10 to 15 mb. I had a usb drive badly messed up and scanned it using f-secure (which also use Bitdefender)on my laptop , no doubt it found a lot of things on it but it had left one suspicious file in my pen drive which by the look of it, looked suspicious to me, no matter what fsecure won't detect it. I removed the drive and scanned it with trustport and there it was detected. I don't know which engine detected it, but it works. It's a highly under rated security product which i think people should try.
PS: UI isn't that great in case of trustport.

Reactions: roger_m
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.