Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
No legitimate site will ever request your ATM PIN, under any circumstances
Phishing. This is a widespread phenomenon that affects lots of trustworthy entities, whether a bank, an online paying system, an e-mail service or an online game. Cybercriminals want to get their hands on your credentials, no matter where they are used.

These days, searching for phishing sites, I found one that got my attention immediately. Quite different from the others, this fake log-in site was using an online paying system image. The targeted legal entity is irrelevant here because when I accessed the original site, I immediately discovered that it didn’t even have a log-in section.

What made this phishing site so special was its thirst for knowledge. Jokes aside, there’s an impressive list of personal data that this phishing wonder requests: bank account, id and password, email address and password, phone number, ATM Card number and its PIN

poza%201.png

Read more

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.