Advice Request How is F-secure Antivirus 2016?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviathon

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 9, 2016
I've spent a couple weeks trying out different anti-virus programs and I didn't like any of them, or they slowed my PC down too much. I have never heard of F-secure Anti-virus before. I was wondering if current users could tell me how they like it?

I know that is uses Bitdefender's database (I would be using BD if it didn't stall out my PC so hard).

I'm wondering how much memory, on average, the program uses and how light the program is?

Reactions: Der.Reisende

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
about 4-5 years ago i bought 3 licenses of "F-secure internet security" for my machines. The software had a good detection rate and had also a very low usage of recources. F-secure has no separate firewall: you must use the windows firewall. Below is a screenshot of F-secure processes on my gaming laptop (i7, GTX860M, 8GB RAM, SSD).
90dVElG.jpg

Reactions: Leviathon

Leviathon

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 9, 2016
about 4-5 years ago i bought 3 licenses of "F-secure internet security" for my machines. The software had a good detection rate and had also a very low usage of recources. F-secure has no separate firewall: you must use the windows firewall. Below is a screenshot of F-secure processes on my gaming laptop (i7, GTX860M, 8GB RAM, SSD).
90dVElG.jpg

Leviathon

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 9, 2016
90dVElG.jpg
Do all show as separate in task manager?
Hm, this is odd. I'm trying out Kaspersky antivirus and it only has 2 processes running and uses 70MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.