How is Spyshelter these days? Any discounts?

Slyguy

Level 31
OS
Other OS
I purchased a lifetime license for SS way back - I think - in 2009.. The developer told me I was one of the first guys to buy it. I stopped using it a couple years later for whatever reason..

I noticed my lifetime license no longer works. In addition I need way more licenses now than I did back then.

Any discounts out there anyone knows about for me to repurchase/purchase more licenses? Any negatives to the product right now? I am looking to replace Zemana.

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
I purchased a lifetime license for SS way back - I think - in 2009.. The developer told me I was one of the first guys to buy it. I stopped using it a couple years later for whatever reason..

I noticed my lifetime license no longer works. In addition I need way more licenses now than I did back then.

Any discounts out there anyone knows about for me to repurchase/purchase more licenses? Any negatives to the product right now? I am looking to replace Zemana.
1. Datpol eliminated Lifetime licenses
2. I have seen mixed reports about Datpol honoring Lifetime licenses purchased years ago; you need to ask their support
3. Datpol now only offers discounts during the usual online holiday periods - Cyberweek, Christmas, etc
4. The product itself is essentially the same with product improvements - so if you were satisfied with it then, you will likely be satisfied with it today

silversurfer

Level 42
Content Creator
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky

I bought a lifetime license of SpyShelter Firewall some years ago and I used it the most of the time on 1 of my PC until now...
The key worked always well in my case (Uninstalled/Reinstalled). The product got only a few improvements over all the years ;)

Slyguy

Level 31
OS
Other OS
I bought a lifetime license of SpyShelter Firewall some years ago and I used it the most of the time on 1 of my PC until now...
The key worked always well in my case (Uninstalled/Reinstalled). The product got only a few improvements over all the years ;)
I installed it earlier, it feels identical to the original release in 2009 except the interface..

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
I installed it earlier, it feels identical to the original release in 2009 except the interface..
There are changes under the hood that are not apparent just by looking at the GUI. You have to dig into the documentation, read the blogs, check the settings, etc. Basically it is the same core concepts with refinements.