How is Spyshelter these days? Any discounts?

Discussion in 'SpyShelter (DatPol)' started by Slyguy, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 21

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    I purchased a lifetime license for SS way back - I think - in 2009.. The developer told me I was one of the first guys to buy it. I stopped using it a couple years later for whatever reason..

I noticed my lifetime license no longer works. In addition I need way more licenses now than I did back then.

Any discounts out there anyone knows about for me to repurchase/purchase more licenses? Any negatives to the product right now? I am looking to replace Zemana.

ravi prakash saini likes this.
  2. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    1. Datpol eliminated Lifetime licenses
    2. I have seen mixed reports about Datpol honoring Lifetime licenses purchased years ago; you need to ask their support
    3. Datpol now only offers discounts during the usual online holiday periods - Cyberweek, Christmas, etc
    4. The product itself is essentially the same with product improvements - so if you were satisfied with it then, you will likely be satisfied with it today

Trickster and ravi prakash saini like this.
  3. silversurfer

silversurfer Level 39
    Trusted AV Tester

Aug 17, 2014
    Germany
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    I bought a lifetime license of SpyShelter Firewall some years ago and I used it the most of the time on 1 of my PC until now...
    The key worked always well in my case (Uninstalled/Reinstalled). The product got only a few improvements over all the years ;)

Trickster and ravi prakash saini like this.
  4. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 21

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    I installed it earlier, it feels identical to the original release in 2009 except the interface..

silversurfer likes this.
  5. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    There are changes under the hood that are not apparent just by looking at the GUI. You have to dig into the documentation, read the blogs, check the settings, etc. Basically it is the same core concepts with refinements.

silversurfer and Trickster like this.