Advice Request How many of you use Norton 2017? Is it worth it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Hi @mekelek
I think it is easy to reach 10 devices for a family:
Myself: Work PC + Home PC +Smartphone + Tablet = 4
My wife : idem = 4
Toatal = 8 devices and our three daughters are already married.....;)
perfect bundle for you then, and their android AV is one of the best, only one i could find that protects more Browsers than Chrome.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
thnx for this info @JB007 ;) merci!
Avec plaisir @spaceoctopus :)

perfect bundle for you then, and their android AV is one of the best, only one i could find that protects more Browsers than Chrome.
Hi @mekelek
29€95/1 year/5 devices is also a good price for those who have less devices but with premium you get also 25 Go of backup, and if you renew your subscription you get every year 25 Go more ! I have 75 Go:)

Reactions: spaceoctopus

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015

So you use it on Android? I found it to be bloated and got rid of it.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
So you use it on Android? I found it to be bloated and got rid of it.
yes i do, bloated? it has all the necessary features you need, including web protection.
also it's in the 3 AVs that scored 100% on protection in the latest mobile AV test

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
@Trooper Like @mekelek said, Norton solution for android is on top. In my opinion, for PC, there are other alternatives as good as Norton or better, but, in android, I think Norton has the best solution on market: good protection, multiple browsers protection, play store advisor... etc. I use it in 2 Androids :)

Reactions: JB007

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
yes i do, bloated? it has all the necessary features you need, including web protection.
also it's in the 3 AVs that scored 100% on protection in the latest mobile AV test

Yeah I felt it has unnecessary stuff in it. It also uses way too much RAM. Also annoying was there popups to get you to install more Norton apps.

I don't use AV on my Android phone. I feel it is not necessary.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
@Trooper Like @mekelek said, Norton solution for android is on top. In my opinion, for PC, there are other alternatives as good as Norton or better, but, in android, I think Norton has the best solution on market: good protection, multiple browsers protection, play store advisor... etc. I use it in 2 Androids :)

That's cool man I don't run AV on my Pixel XL. It is updated monthly with security updates and I do not install dodgy apk's etc.

For the desktop I do use Norton but I always go back and forth between that, ESET and KIS.

Reactions: ttto
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.