How much GBs do you use per month on Internet

What is your internet usage in a month ?

• 10 gigabytes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30 gigabytes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 50 gigabytes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 70 gigabytes

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • 100 gigabytes

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • other (Specify)

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
last month i used near 1 TB data

shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif
woah man, i can't even comprehend those usage amounts ..... what do you do that uses so much ?

oh no i'm the person who uses the lowest internet per month:cry::cry:

Hey @sona, don't feel so bad, i use on average between 3 - 4GB, i bet that makes everyone laugh but hey, for once in my life i am the winner of something ....the lowest internet user of perhaps all time
cheerleading-smiley-emoticon.gif
yayyy, go Weebarra, lol.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif
woah man, i can't even comprehend those usage amounts ..... what do you do that uses so much ?

Hey @sona, don't feel so bad, i use on average between 3 - 4GB, i bet that makes everyone laugh but hey, for once in my life i am the winner of something ....the lowest internet user of perhaps all time
yayyy, go Weebarra, lol.
Your internet usage is almost same with me, my internet usage is equal to 2-4 GB. Unless i've connected to a public wifi, i will use more GBs :p

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
55GB limit from ISP, otherwise I'd love to download anything and enable auto updates. With these limits, I need to reuse download packages from one PC to another thereby saving several Gigs of redundant updates for both Linux and Windows. Only thing that consumes extra bandwidth are Mobile OSes.

sona

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
yayyy, go Weebarra, lol.
nice!
actually when im using internet(for example now my mother will be roaming around me) :barefoot: :ROFLMAO:
the highest i used in my life i remember it was about say 68 gb.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_O
More and more I wish I had better internet.

I had a 1000/1000 up until last month. Then I realized I was not really seeing any benefit from that speed. Considering 1000/1000 is often more realistically actually 800/800-900/900 depending, with some spikes higher. Long story short, one finds a significant portion of gear in their home won't even utilize it and that you can't really saturate over 50% of that, I decided it wasn't worth it.

I dropped to 700/700, tested that for a few weeks. Then dropped to 500/500 tier where I am at now. That's the sweetspot for me, enough speed so 5+ people can't saturate it and fast enough to download giant PC games in under 5 minutes. It also saved me $100.00 a month compared to the 1000/1000. 1000Mbps is sort of a waste and overrated. While you can push wire speed through top end AP's, it's highly dependent on the device. Most of my notebooks capped out at 300Mbps, some capped at 150Mbps. VOIP NIC is 100Mbps. Tivo NIC's are 100Mbps, PS2, PS4 and Wii NICs are 100Mbps, all of the IoT I have is 100Mbps.

Anyway, long story short, I am finding 500Mbps to be vastly sufficient.. We'd rarely using over 60-70% of that during peak.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I had a 1000/1000 up until last month. Then I realized I was not really seeing any benefit from that speed. Considering 1000/1000 is often more realistically actually 800/800-900/900 depending, with some spikes higher. Long story short, one finds a significant portion of gear in their home won't even utilize it and that you can't really saturate over 50% of that, I decided it wasn't worth it.

I dropped to 700/700, tested that for a few weeks. Then dropped to 500/500 tier where I am at now. That's the sweetspot for me, enough speed so 5+ people can't saturate it and fast enough to download giant PC games in under 5 minutes. It also saved me $100.00 a month compared to the 1000/1000. 1000Mbps is sort of a waste and overrated. While you can push wire speed through top end AP's, it's highly dependent on the device. Most of my notebooks capped out at 300Mbps, some capped at 150Mbps. VOIP NIC is 100Mbps. Tivo NIC's are 100Mbps, PS2, PS4 and Wii NICs are 100Mbps, all of the IoT I have is 100Mbps.

Anyway, long story short, I am finding 500Mbps to be vastly sufficient.. We'd rarely using over 60-70% of that during peak.
I wish I had speed like that. Its like 100 times faster than mine.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I wish I had speed like that. Its like 100 times faster than mine.

VERY fortunate to have amazing infrastructure around here.

FIOS, Comcast GB, Comcast 2G, Lightspeed, RocketFiber, WideopenWest, WideopenWest Gigtopia. AT&T just contacted me last night, they're running AT&T 1000Mbps fiber behind my home today. They said $80 a month for Guaranteed 940Mbps or higher.

So that's yet ANOTHER option...

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
...I have no idea: my provider doesn't provide any data about my (personal) data consumption... :) ...
My connection is unlimited. I'm reading a lot stuff on the internet, i'm frequently using spotify (music streaming service)
and of course i'm a gamer (mostly F2P games)..... so i guess maybe 100 GB..., 200 GB.... per month... ???
...i dont really have an idea about my monthly traffic... :) :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.