plat1098

Level 26
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2018
Daily, whenever I shut down the computer for the night Some session cookies I like to keep thruout the day as I sometimes return to a site later in the day and don't want to sign in or configure the site again. I see in Edge, you can add sites to keep their cookies and ditch any others but I myself would rather retain the control than have a very minor convenience.

I've found that if you don't clear the caches with some regularity, many websites I use malfunction after a while--like passwords don't register or the site doesn't load properly or at all.

SeriousHoax

Level 39
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Nowadays usually never. Page loads faster with cache, so that's what I prefer. Removing cache regularly writes excessive amount of data on the disk specially Firefox.
I have also moved my browsers cache folder to the HDD instead of the default location of SSD to reduce the amount of data written on the SSD.
I used to be privacy-sensitive, but not anymore. I use Google as my search engine, use an android phone, browsers history, bookmarks are synced (Edge & Firefox), have accounts on most popular social media sites except TikTok. So deleting cache daily won't/barely do any good for me privacy wise.
But when I visit suspicious sites to watch free live streams, download malware, etc., I always use the Private Mode of the browser.

amirr

Level 21
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Nowadays usually never. Page loads faster with cache, so that's what I prefer. Removing cache regularly writes excessive amount of data on the disk specially Firefox.
I have also moved my browsers cache folder to the HDD instead of the default location of SSD to reduce the amount of data written on the SSD.
I used to be privacy-sensitive, but not anymore. I use Google as my search engine, use an android phone, browsers history, bookmarks are synced (Edge & Firefox), have accounts on most popular social media sites except TikTok. So deleting cache daily won't/barely do any good for me privacy wise.
But when I visit suspicious sites to watch free live streams, download malware, etc., I always use the Private Mode of the browser.
Me too.

roger_m

Level 35
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Literally never. I don't see any need to do that, although there are occasions where cleaning the cache can actually increase performance.

I only close my browser every few weeks, when I'm going to reboot, or if I'm having issues with the browser, or to update it.

SpiderWeb

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Once every 6 months when sites start breaking. Clearing my browser doesn't clear my data from those servers so I don't see how it's beneficial to delete after every close. Websites now track you through etags and TLS sessions.

blackice

Level 33
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
This is me too. At this point I just like things to work. Nothing was any different when I was being a privacy nut, except everything took more work. And I wasn’t hiding much anyway.

Chuck57

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Every day, sometimes several times a day when I close the browser. I've always thought it's just a good idea.

brambedkar59

Level 23
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Last edited: