Advice Request How strong is Trend Micro against PUPs?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

How strong is Trend Micro against PUPs?

• Excellent, one of the best!

• Very good

• Good

• Poor, one of the weakest

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
+ 1 for unchecky

Malwarebytes antimalware extension to prevent them from loading on browser

Hphosts.pup filter for blocking sites containing pups

Adwcleaner/ malwarebytes-antimalware/ zemana/ norton power eraser etc.. for on-demand

Not that all pups are malicious, or you would see them everyday anyways

Thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
I have installed Kaspersky and enabled TAM but unfortunately the PC drowned in a sea of PUPs. Is Dr. Web instal--and-forget?
Yes, it just works that way. Does not require the user's attention. But the truth is, it's pretty heavy for the system. Still, it's worth trying in the trial version first.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Yes, it just works that way. Does not require the user's attention. But the truth is, it's pretty heavy for the system. Still, it's worth trying in the trial version first.

Heavy on the system :unsure: How heavy is it? I'll give it a try for sure! I am trying Mcafee the moment I am typing this reply :emoji_grimacing:

Reactions: military

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
@Al-Faqir
Immediately after installation - from 200 to 300 MB memory and there is a load on CPU. Over time, drops to 50-100 MB memory
and the CPU load drops.
But if you use optimizers, then there may be problems. He or all optimizers delete or almost all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.