Advice Request How to back up Google Apps?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
A small organisation keeps most of their important data in Google Apps, especially Google Docs and Google Sheets. They want a backup. What's the best way to do it?
Common sense says to install Google Drive desktop on one of the computers, and back up from that to an external hard drive. But it's not so simple, because with files in the proprietary Google formats, Google Drive desktop does not download the actual file. It downloads a link to the file. That's the rub.

Reactions: AlanOstaszewski

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
It downloads a link to the file. That's the rub.
I know this problem very well because I'm using Google Docs only. I think Google has a function that allows you to download a backup of a whole Google account. You can search for it.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I know this problem very well because I'm using Google Docs only. I think Google has a function that allows you to download a backup of a whole Google account. You can search for it.
Right. That's a good option if it is not so much material. It is called Google Takeout
But this org has a lot of material, and the data is constantly changing, because of online collaboration, so they need different solution.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

platothy

Mar 26, 2018
Google Drive works for me. I am also using Baidu Pan and it is also great with 2GB free storage.

avery52

Oct 20, 2018
Some tools are available in the market, you can search through google or I will recommend Softaken google app backup tool, this software will help you to convent emails from google apps to PST file format. Go ahead and download the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.