Advice Request How to become a cyber security expert? How to get started? Where to begin?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
How to become a cyber security expert? How to get started? Where to begin?

I'm interested to become a cyber security and I'm in my 1st year of community college, so I would like to try out some basic tools for cyber security at home to see if I can handle it. But I am lost right now on where to begin, how to get started, etc........

Reactions: Electr0n

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hey! To start with, there is plenty of information online: Google, Youtube, e-books. I recommend, to introduce on the cybersecurity world and become an "expert" to take known professional courses, starting from the most basic ones (some may be found online, just search for "Free CyberSecurity Courses") to medium and advanced courses.

Some interesting companies that offer amazing courses (some are online, still paid)

• ESET
  • Fortinet
  • Cisco
  • CEH (Certificate for Ethical Hacker)

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Hey! To start with, there is plenty of information online: Google, Youtube, e-books. I recommend, to introduce on the cybersecurity world and become an "expert" to take known professional courses, starting from the most basic ones (some may be found online, just search for "Free CyberSecurity Courses") to medium and advanced courses.

Some interesting companies that offer amazing courses (some are online, still paid)

• ESET
  • Fortinet
  • Cisco
  • CEH (Certificate for Ethical Hacker)

Do you have the link to those?

Reactions: Electr0n

00alex00

Level 1
Apr 16, 2018
Start testing malware on your spare time. Databases with samples of malware exist, and you need a safe environment to test them, of course. Read cyber security-related content online. So many blogs, news sites, and cyber security help sites exist. Basically, get your hands dirty. Once you know the basics, enter an entry-level job in the industry. It is growing, and you should be able to get in if you have what it takes. Good luck!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.