How to build and debug software using MingW toolkit while COMODO Internet Security is enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmatbarua

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 4, 2017
I want to develop (write, compile, debug) C/C++ code using the MingW compiler toolkit. Comodo Inter Security in default mode is detecting the executables (very simple C/C++ tutorial codes for novices) as malwares and starting defensive mechanisms.
Few have proposed a solution of disabling the Comodo Internet Security while sotware development. I disagree because while developing, I need to search Google, StackOverflow and others for help, and I don't think going online without Comodo Internet Security enabled is a wise idea.
Please help me device a method. In broad sense, I have heard that I need to whitelist the MingW compiler toolkit exe files. Unfortunately, there are as many as 59 files inside it.
Can someone guide me in details i.e I mean which module and which menu option to change.
Thanking you in advance.

Last edited:

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
should be the option to exclude folder or put a folder in white list .. you should save all your projects.
pd: Most detect files created as malware, I spend a lot when doing simple projects in java,

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.