How to change Security Center service startup from Delayed to Automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I want to try something because Security Center is sperging out in regards of detecting antivirus status correctly (and quickly) and I've noticed Security Center service is set to Automatic (Delayed). I want to change it to normal Automatic so it fires up straight away on startup and does its job. But Services panel doesn't allow me to change this. Anyone has any idea how can I do it?

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
AnVir Task Manager.

It says "Access is denied". I have ran it as Admin.

@Yellowing
Doesn't work...

Set-Content : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'start=AUTO'.
At line:1 char:1
+ sc config wscsvc start=AUTO
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: :)) [Set-Content], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetContentCommand

Reactions: oldschool
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

It's funny how services are protected, but changing them in registry works just fine lol
Malware likes to abuse regedit very often, even if UAC is set to "prompt for credentials on the secure desktop", it can still be easily disabled in registry without a beep from your AV if it doesn't detect malicious behaviours performed, then you are kinda screwed upon system restart :D

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The reason I needed this was to fix Security Center status reporting. Here is the result of this:
Windows Security Center protection status delay fix
And how do I get it back to default settings?
I am not sure if this is connected, but here is my story:
I was running WD with Controlled folder access.
I installed Symantec Endpoint Protection.
At every reboot, I got a notification saying that Controlled folders is blocking memory access -- even though WD was not supposed to run.
I suspect that the security center started before Symantec, and it thought I had no 3rd party AV, so it told WD to get to work. Does this make sense? I solved the problem by disabling WD with DefenderControl. No more notifications.

PS If I am the only one complaining, does that mean Symantec loads later than most AVs?

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If I change the value to 00000001 that will put it back to default?

Reactions: oldschool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.