How to complete my security Suite : Please Suggest

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hi!!! Since I am privileged to have highly knowledgeable friends around here on MT:cool:, I seek your suggestion or advise to complete my Security suite:rolleyes:. I own a Kaspersky AV. What all will you suggest to make it a complete shield to handle the present online mess:oops:. I am sure you will agree that only AV isn't enough;).

Thanks for ll your valuable inputs.:D

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I'm not an expert in mixing and matching 2 real time AVs, but I suggest MBAM for on demand scanning

Reactions: trainbus120

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For starters, you could Edit Thread and fill out the forms provided. It would help us provide better suggestions and cuts to the chase, rather than us asking what OS etc..

upload_2014-7-10_11-55-10.png

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
For on demand scanning use the following

1. Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free
2. Hit Man proo Portable
3. HerdProtect Portable

Just daily once scan with then. And you will be good. :cool:

M

MalwareT

For extra security, use Comodo Firewall, it's light on system resources, doesn't slow down system , has sandbox to run risky files, and Comodo Cleaning Essentials to disinfect PC -all in one. For scanners i use Norman Malware Cleaner,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,Dr.Web Cure It! and MBAM. You can't just rely on 1 scanner. For privacy cleaning i suggest CCleaner or Privacy Eraser. Reviews of them you can find on my profile under "Media".

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
For extra security, use Comodo Firewall, it's light on system resources, doesn't slow down system , has sandbox to run risky files, and Comodo Cleaning Essentials to disinfect PC -all in one. For scanners i use Norman Malware Cleaner,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,Dr.Web Cure It! and MBAM. You can't just rely on 1 scanner. For privacy cleaning i suggest CCleaner or Privacy Eraser. Reviews of them you can find on my profile under "Media".
Comodo Cleaning Essentials is not compatible with win 8.1. isn't it?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
My recommendation is that .
>Please Dont Put weight on ur machine by installing firewall applications.

>Windows Firewall itself is good enough for protection.

>Since u have kaspersky as an AV , u might have got one of the best AV in the world. u may add an url filter extension for the browsers that u use to enhance ur security.

>Further an on demand scanner of ur choice.

>For Much more u can add a DNS network such as Norton DNS.

I

illumination

As Huracan suggested, it would be good to know what OS you are running ,browser, extensions, computer knowledge, ect

Reactions: Littlebits

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.