Troubleshoot How to create system image backup in windows 8.1???

Ajay123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
Hello guys,
I would like to know howto create a system image backup in case of emergency in windows 8.1...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Simply go to Control Panel then search System Image Backup, follow those wizard procedure.

You need an external hard drive to obtain a backup copy of your OS and other recovery tools.

When all are set up then its prepared for having a system image and done!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ajay123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
Simply go to Control Panel then search System Image Backup, follow those wizard procedure.

You need an external hard drive to obtain a backup copy of your OS and other recovery tools.

When all are set up then its prepared for having a system image and done!
I've tried this ..but i cant deselect E drive from the selection panel as i only need C drive ..I've attached a screenshot could you plz take a look...
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot (32).jpg
    Screenshot (32).jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 429
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What does E drive contains? Since its been likely included to your working OS, does it partition for recovery tools?

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems they are few report where a partition hard drive doesn't contains any loader operating system includes to be check mark gray out on system image backup.

Try this:

1.) Start>Run..

2.) “CMD”

3.) “diskpart” to load up the utility

4.) “list disk” to list all the disks

5.) “Select disk X” where X is the desired disk

6.) “list partition” to list partitions on the selected disk

7.) “select partition X” where X is the desired partition that is currently marked active

8.) “inactive”

serverfault.com/questions/276076/how-can-i-un-mark-a-partition-as-active

Or another step is go to Control Panel then Disk Management, then remove the partition ( backup your games and files).

Upvote 0

Ajay123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
Seems they are few report where a partition hard drive doesn't contains any loader operating system includes to be check mark gray out on system image backup.

Try this:

serverfault.com/questions/276076/how-can-i-un-mark-a-partition-as-active

Or another step is go to Control Panel then Disk Management, then remove the partition ( backup your games and files).
Its not working...showing some kind of error.:(

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What error? Did you try to remove the local disk E by backing up the files and proceed to system image backup?

Upvote 0

Ajay123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
What error? Did you try to remove the local disk E by backing up the files and proceed to system image backup?
not removed the partition since i dnt hve an extrernal hd for backup :(...Is ther any othr way to deactivate E ??....When i used the cmd method its showing some errror... :(

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Ajay123: Just transfer your files to other hard disk like G and F then remove temporarily the E (by using disk management) so you can proceed to your system image backup. :)

Upvote 0

Ajay123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
@Ajay123: Just transfer your files to other hard disk like G and F then remove temporarily the E (by using disk management) so you can proceed to your system image backup. :)
I've backed up C using Drive image XML...is that enough??? can i do a image restore with that?..

Upvote 0

Ajay123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
eset is not allowing me to install EaseUS kept showing that the dll file is Win 32...So alast i had to remove the partition E...This time it worked and took backup....
Thank you for your help @jamescv7 ..:)

Reactions: jamescv7
Upvote 0

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Yes it works well i use it also just run it after you backup your PC and all should be good even by some slim chance something should go wrong but i have used it on the work PC for a long time.

Reactions: Ajay123
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.