Guide | How To How to do BackUp & Restore system partition in Hiren's Boot CD

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hi guys.

This tutorial is about how to backup your Windows or System Partition and successfully restore it later.
I've done this via Hiren's Boot CD and Macrium Reflect [PE Edition] preinstalled into it, tho there is a lot of other backup tools inside Hiren's my personal opinion is that Macrium is more user-friendly than other tools.

Sorry for editing mistakes, this is my first tutorial :)

Enjoy :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Block! Could not watch,sorry!:(
I noticed 10min ago
I have added David Guetta's song as background music and YouTube blocked it, I need to change the audio, I will post after it :(

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
It should be fixed now, I add just 1 audio from the beginning of the video rest is muted (don't have nerves and time to re-encode all project:mad:)

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
ok post here

nissimezra @@BoraMurdar I've been doing this for a year, you have to run startup repair if u r using HBCD in case of windows 7 and system reserved partition, it take 2 minutes but need to be done
the best thing to do is to make winpe cd and the restore will be smooth.

Macrium reflect is very good option but need to be learned, and better lern before using it, coz u dont want surprises when restoring

of course if you restore only the OS partition without sys reserve it will work so its a good option but if you need to restore to a different hard disk then the it won't work

or
http://www.macrium.com/webhelp/starting_with_the_rescue_cd.asp

http://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50082.aspx

thx for the video

Reactions: BoraMurdar

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
ok post here

nissimezra @@BoraMurdar I've been doing this for a year, you have to run startup repair if u r using HBCD in case of windows 7 and system reserved partition, it take 2 minutes but need to be done

Macrium reflect is very good option but need to be learned, and better lern before using it, coz u dont want surprises when restoring

of course if you restore only the OS partition without sys reserve it will work so its a good option but if you need to restore to a different hard disk then the it won't work

or
http://www.macrium.com/webhelp/starting_with_the_rescue_cd.asp

http://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50082.aspx

thx for the video
nissimezra@@BoraMurdar I've been doing this for a year, you have to run startup repair if u r using HBCD, it take 2 minutes but need to be done

thx for the video

nissimezra
I am backuping and restoring my Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 (when I used it) from this method , I don't have system reserved partition, I automatically deleted it when I bought my laptop, it's not needed since every boot, repair, partitioning and fixes I am doing from Hirens and other tools made in YUMI.

Also, always do this "offline" backup and restore, it's faster, easier, no complications from Windows...

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
To a different hdd I recommend or Paragon or Acronis... :)
thx for your support ;)

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
no prob as long as you dont have the 100mb partition, it sure is better without it, sometimes it does couz prob. but
other that has it in case of restoring both partitions they will have to do it one by one and run startup repair
the 100mb partition is only from the pro version, home starter dont have

thx bro

Reactions: BoraMurdar

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.