How To Enable Hidden Explorer Animations In Windows 7 And Windows 8 [VIDEO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Regardless of what side of the fence you sit on when it comes to the battle of the desktop and mobile operating systems, everyone wants to experience the right blend of form and function. Gone are the days when a powerful OS was enough, and with the birth of mobile software like iOS and Android, users have come to expect a certain amount of glitz and glamour to be built right in to newer versions of things like Windows and Apple’s OS X.

Software such as OS X and iOS don’t disappoint when it comes to user interaction, and offer plenty of eye catching animations that occur when minimizing applications or switching between views. Microsoft Windows on the other hand has always been a little bland and clunky when using the Windows Explorer and doesn’t really give the user anything to capture their imagination. Thankfully, the latest software produced by Sergey Tkachenko offers users the ability to do something about that.

Video

Source

Just though I'd share.
Download

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
Hidden Animations?

Those animations are being created using a 3rd party tool, nothing hidden about them lol, they're not part of windows code

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
I believe the 3rd party tool allows activation of hidden animations deep in the windows code. I could be wrong I just read the article, either way it serves it's purpose for those interested.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
AniExplorer is a little program that enables the hidden Windows Explorer user-interface animations that are in Windows 7 and Windows 8 but are kept away from the user for reasons unknown to mankind.

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
If they were hidden in the windows code I would imagine there would also be a registry edit you could do to enable them, that was why I said I don't think they are actually part of the code because I have never seen them on any customisation sites such as askvg

Im fairly sure it is the program that is causing the animations

Easy way to tell, enable the animations, delete the program and reboot, if they are gone, it was the program

Also, if they were part of the OS, they would have been active in one of the previous versions of windows, and they are not present in any Windows OS

Maybe experimental Longhorn builds might have had them, but as Longhorn was scrapped and Vista created, they don't even come from there

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
The article says there hidden I'm looking no further into it as these animations don't appeal to me I just shared them incase others found them usefull. If I want animations I tend to boot into Linux.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Hmmm But This shouldn't be posted here in News Section ZeroDay mate. Anyways thanks for the share though :)

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I don't think these are hidden features ZeroDay, probably just added by the program.

Just kidding, Might give it a try. I'm a sucker for whizzy effects. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.