Advice Request How to Exempt a Program from HitmanPro.Alert.Cryptoguard?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witkh 13

Thread author
Nov 20, 2016
Merry Meet,

How do I exempt a program from crypotguard? For instant Netflix? My specific instance is Cryptoguard is preventing the "PurplePlayer" for GaiamTV {gaia.com} from downloading videos from their network.

Sincerely,

Witkh 13

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Merry Meet,

How do I exempt a program from crypotguard? For instant Netflix? My specific instance is Cryptoguard is preventing the "PurplePlayer" for GaiamTV {gaia.com} from downloading videos from their network.

Sincerely,

Witkh 13
As far as I know, for now there is no exclusion list for Risk Reduction features, only Exploit mitigation. You just have to temporarily disable CryptoGuard when doing those things, and then enable it after you're done.

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
There are some features of the CryptoGuard that don't disable, even after disabling the module. For example, it will stop Potplayer's in-client update without fail, even if I disable every feature. My solution without uninstalling HMPA every time is updating the software in safemode. In this scenario, I don't know if you have a concrete fix without uninstalling.

Witkh 13

Thread author
Nov 20, 2016
Yes, grateful that it is now possible, am I. However, love to know how to do that, would I. A quick search of the forums only revealed it mentioned in build 272 changelog. A google search was populated with articles on actual 'fingerprints'.

Thankful for sharing your time and Force, am I; May you ask the Goddess to eternally alight your chosen path.
Thanks for letting us know!
But how exactly?
You haven't even explained thumbprint based suppression technology yet. :D
As of build 570 you can exempt an application from CryptoGuard via Thumbprint.

You can download the latest version from here:
http://dl.surfright.nl/hmpalert3.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.