Guide | How To How to fix a slow computer

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Desiree

Thread author
Jul 12, 2012
Sometimes when your computer’s system becomes overloaded or the important files become missing ,deleted or broken, computer problems may occur. These problems usually leads to a slow computer. Think about that it takes a long, long time just for your cursor to become active, or it takes 90 seconds to open up a Microsoft Word document. What a terrible thing! Besides making sure your computer does not have any viruses, to fix a slow computer is never easier than ever now!

Recommendation:
To scan, diagnose and repair your slow computer, use the Free download recommended below. This tool is designed to diagnose and repair errors that may be causing your computer slow.

Introductions: Diagnose and Fix Slow Computer
Follow the below 3 steps to speed up your computer:

Step 1: Download the Slow Computer Repair tool and install it.

Step 2: Click the “Scan” button. (You can choose “Quick Scan” or “Deep Scan” mode as you need.)

Step 3: Click the “Clear” Button.

Acebyte Utilities here we recommend is all-in-one software to speed up your computer and increase your computer’s performance with its more than 20 built-in features.

How Acebyte Utilities works to fix a slow computer?
Empty your trash.
Clean out your cookies and temporary internet files.
Remove unnecessary files from the system Tray which are the programs that automatically load into memory upon startup.
Organize your files and folders on your hard drive by deleting top files with too large size, empty folders, duplicated files or folders, and more.
Defragment hard disk for quick access to specified files or folders.
Clean up hard drive and registry by removing the broken or invalid or not used ones.
Use Task Manager to help speed up your programs.
And more…

Why computer errors happen?
Actually speaking, there are a lot of reasons why these annoying errors happen during the use of computer. But, the most common ones are caused by new programs getting installed on top of older programs before the older versions are completely removed. Here we recommend uninstalling the older version completely before trying to install its new version of a program.

For when that happens, it may cause registry pile ups, displaying to you a possible “error message” which aims to remind you that you must repair the error as quickly as possible before more malfunctions happen on your computer.

Also, the spyware programs, viruses wrecking havoc or deleting important system files also may cause computer errors.

The simple final solution:
If you are not sure, do not mange your computer’s complex operating system. Download Acebyte Utilities to fix Internet Explorer errors, registry error, system errors,slow sluggish behavior and other common errors. Choose the easiest way to turn up your computer for maximum performance now!

Tips and Warnings
Be extra careful with program removal. Remember, when in doubt, do not delete!

Never turn off your antivirus program when you use computer. Pay attention to keep your antivirus program always updated!
Take care never to delete the important files, especially system files!

Source:
hxxp://www.acebyte.com/knowledgebase/how-to-fix-a-slow-computer.html

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
The program you mentioned is scamware/adware so no point of further discussion.
Wot Rep is very bad of the product site:
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.acebyte.com

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I have heard some bad things about this utility. Now I remember it after reading Strangers post. Plus one Stranger.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I know the best way to fix a slow computer, it's to re-install Windows. Problem solved.

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin said:
I know the best way to fix a slow computer, it's to re-install Windows. Problem solved.

no the best way to fix a slow computer is to send it to the trash and replace it by the latest super-powerful-mother-killing-hardcore-gamer one.

P

Plexx

Well, I will say from my experience: I was one of the users who gave this piece of software a try and used it on my friends messed up laptop as a guinea pig.

What followed next was 2 hours of trying to figure it out what went wrong after using it + 1 hour to do a clean install of Windows and the applications he needed.

Good thing about that day was: There was enough beer in the fridge for a hot summer afternoon!

Recommendation: stay away from this product.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
no the best way to fix a slow computer is to send it to the trash and replace it by the latest super-powerful-mother-killing-hardcore-gamer one.

Geeze, wish we all had the money to buy one of those. :p

P

Plexx

McLovin said:
umbrapolaris said:

Geeze, wish we all had the money to buy one of those. :p

Played yesterday with my friends MX18 series of Alienware. Specs slightly higher than mine, but one big + is the 2 Graphics card. Yet however that BEAST was overheating like there was no tomorrow. That plus the BIOS issue that Alienware/Dell claim that is not a bug but it is intended to work like that (battery issues when you unplug the cable while pc on) made me think: I am a happy XPS17 user.
Also considering Alienware uses custom WindowsBlind Skins, which in my opinion is good for customization but for gaming, you start to feel the drag...

Needless to say both laptops running AION I had 15FPS more than him. and I paid 1000GBP less than him. We both bought it on the same month last year (july). He offered to exchange the laptop and I said HELL NO.

Anyways deviated off topic for a second.

Back to topic: I shall use umbra's guide as a DYI guide on a friend of mine as a test subject. His computer knowledge is far from being advanced, so if he can do it, then it is idiot proof. If he cant, he better have some beers in stock!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Biozfear said:
Played yesterday with my friends MX18 series of Alienware. Specs slightly higher than mine, but one big + is the 2 Graphics card. Yet however that BEAST was overheating like there was no tomorrow. That plus the BIOS issue that Alienware/Dell claim that is not a bug but it is intended to work like that (battery issues when you unplug the cable while pc on) made me think: I am a happy XPS17 user.
Also considering Alienware uses custom WindowsBlind Skins, which in my opinion is good for customization but for gaming, you start to feel the drag...

Needless to say both laptops running AION I had 15FPS more than him. and I paid 1000GBP less than him. We both bought it on the same month last year (july). He offered to exchange the laptop and I said HELL NO.

There's the problem already, it's Alienware. A friend has one and he only had for about a week and the screen cracked. Sent it back to Dell and got a full refund and bought those HP Pavilion Beats Audio laptop's and works like a charm.

Alienware's are not all that they are supposed to be. They break really easily and for a fact when you ring Dell up about it, they will send you overseas, to take your call.

Yeah they might use custom WindowsBlind Skins, but you could do that yourself on a machine that is not an Alienware.

P

Plexx

Off topic: Alienware does use other features that can be found only in the Toshiba's gaming laptop, Asus Gaming machine and MSI but its still in my opinion bloated. MSI for example is a good Alien alternative and slightly cheaper. Similar specs to mine would be around 1600GBP as well (although mine was with 300GBP discount).

The original XPS17 is not a gaming laptop. It is basically for same features as HP's Beats Audio purposes.

However since Dell allows customization, I tweaked and paid way more for a gaming style laptop, while retaining the sleek look and not a bulky look of MSI or Alienware.

Alienware laptops still have potential but they need to revamp the fan outs and position of components, specially when you are running a dual graphics card.

MX17/18 and Dell XPS17 for example both use a 9 cell battery (heavy on weight by default). Doing the same exact tasks with stock settings out of box OS, my dell lasts longer than the MX18/MX17 (both are exactly the same but screen on 18 is slightly bigger thats it).

Overseas issue for me is not a problem since I am in the south of spain, so calls get redirected to UK and postage also goes back there. Plus I have at least 1 Dell official seller here, so its all good:)

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
My how to fix a slow computer guide:
Get Kingsoft PC Doctor (without Anti-Trojan) or Slim Cleaner from Slimware Utilities. Download and install.
Go to start-up section and remove start-up entries you don't need.
Got to the cleaner tab and remove unnesseccary registry keys and Temporary Internet files.
Get Revo Uninstaller or IObit Uninstaller then remove unnesseccary programs.
Get an Anti-Virus (avast, AVG, Panda Cloud) and Anti-Malware (Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro) program perform a scan and remove any viruses.
If a .sys file comes up as a virus in your anti virus program run TDSSKiller by kaspersky.
If your computer is not affected the best thing to do is save all important files to a flash drive and do a fresh install of windows.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
The best solution is to pop Office Space in the dvd drive and hit play. Continue to the part when they get out of the car with the printer and the baseball bat. Proceed to emulate scene from movie. Afterwards proceed to recycle broken parts of computer because...come on no need to litter.

AntivirusGeek

Jan 15, 2012
Try CLOUD SYSTEM BOOSTER its free and better than Glary Utilities so it will clean your system well and increase speed....combine with AUSLOGICS REGISTRY CLEANER

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The article / blog post is to promote their software, I added the source.

Best way is to reinstall from scratch, with the Windows Installation disk.

P

Plexx

Earth said:
The article / blog post is to promote their software, I added the source.

Best way is to reinstall from scratch, with the Windows Installation disk.

Or recover from factory OS image that is commonly found in a hidden partition of the laptop since most dont provide a disk unless you pay extra for it:)
+1

D

Deleted member 178

Of course a fresh install is the best way, or to run Windows in safe mode all the time (joking) :p

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
>Purchases brand new laptop.
>Pre-loaded with alot crapware and bloatish OEM software.
>158+ processors running and alot of services.
>Slow startup for a brand new laptop.
>Formats and re-installs an un-touched version of Windows 7.
>52 processors, Very fast startup.
>Performs Windows Updates, Downloads required drivers for Wireless, Touchpad, NVIDIA graphics card etc.
>Manually changes and disables useless services to bare bone configuration.
>Barely any items in StartUp.
>Installs CCleaner & Auslogics Disk Defrag.
>Enjoys a blazing fast laptop.

ba39C.png

I always recommend others do the same if possible and have the know-how. A great way to get the real speed and performance of your PC.

Thanks. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.