How to get inbound/outbound alerts in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
Is there any option to enable inbound and outbound alerts in windows. 8.1 without addind any third party app?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Is there any option to enable inbound and outbound alerts in windows. 8.1 without addind any third party app?

WFwAS will generate alerts, but not like 3rd party softs. You can add BiniSoft's Windows Firewall Control - it will give good outbound connection alerts plus it has some useful features - like WhoIs, IPVoid, etc lookups.

I like BWFC, but it can be quite a busy experience until I have "Allow" rules configured for all safe apps on my system.

If you are going to use WFwAS then I would use a Guest Account or anti-executable; some malwares using an Admin account can disable WFwAS, UAC, Windows Action\Security Center, etc. Just be careful if you use Windows firewall - it is good at filtering - but it needs to be protected... Windows' own built-in self-protections are weak.

FYI those same malwares can sometimes disable 3rd party AV - either partially or completely. For example, Avira - completely, Comodo - partially\malfunction, Kaspersky - partially\malfunction...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Windows Firewall at default is focus at inbound connection but not totally in outbound; advance security feature of WF may help to improve its effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.