Solved how to get rid of russian adware and pop ups

el gitano

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
Some days ago, I noticed the appearance of pop ups in my laptop while using chrome. They are in a vast majority Russian ads and i do not know how they got there. I downloaded Farbar Recovery Scan tool and i obtained a file to share you.

I hope that someone can help me!! please.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    65.6 KB · Views: 8
  • FRST.txt
    35.1 KB · Views: 6

el gitano

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
yes, because the problem is still there... can you analyze the files? could you tell me if you see any problem? I have bitdefender and apparently there arent files or "things" downloaded by this "thing" but... it still exist. One person recommended me to restart my pc to original settings but I dont agree because the "virus" locates my IP... can you give me a possible solution, Twin?

Thanks.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop.
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on
    51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
    Code:
    createsrpoint;
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns >>"%temp%\log.txt";b
  • Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Post its content into your next reply.

el gitano

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
here, the log...

btw... the adblock works a little bit... because although it blocks the ad, the ad blocks me the page... so adblock effect is kind of useless....

Attachments

• zoek results.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 9

el gitano

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
Hi, well, the ads dont appear in Facebook, Gmail, Youtube, etc.... but they do appear in websites like newspapers, or .com or .net endings...

In the photo below, the ad is blocked by the Chrome extensions I added to do it.... but... i cant watch the page, the ad is frozen but i cant enter to the page.

Now, i'm saving my files. Btw... i clicked in "restore system" to take the pc back to 2 weeks ago... but it didnt worked :(

I'm skeptical about the possibility of a general reboot and re-installing of windows..... that "thing" detects me anyways.

What do you think?

thanks.

Attachments

• pic spam.jpg
    pic spam.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 9

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Let's reinstall Google Chrome:

Uninstall Chrome

Export your bookmarks
Import or export bookmarks - Chrome Help

Close all Chrome windows and tabs.
Go to the Start menu > Control Panel.
Click Programs and Features.
Double-click Google Chrome.
Click Uninstall from the confirmation dialog. Delete your user profile information, like your browser preferences, bookmarks, and history, select the "Also delete your browsing data" checkbox.

Click Start, copy in search %LOCALAPPDATA%\ and remove folder Google

Download Chrome
Chrome Browser

el gitano

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
it didnt work.... :/ i'm resigned haha I'm wondering about the possibility of a windows re-installation but I dont know yet.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition and Shortcut.txt options are checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce three logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt, Shortcut.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach them into your next reply.

el gitano

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
normal, but the problem is there.... and yesterday, a friend sent me a mail worried about something taxes, i opened the file but it was a spam file for him and for me.... I guess I solved the problem. Noob attitudes so sad...

what do you see in the files provided?

el gitano

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2015
Ok, well... apparently, the problem is over. I dont know why, how... but my idea/belief is that since I deleted some folders in Documents&Settings of old programs I downloaded, the bug who activated everything was there and now dissappeared. I'll maintain the ad blockers just in case. Thanks for the help given. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.