How to Install Panda Free Antivirus 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
Why Panda Free Antivirus?

Light

Panda Antivirus protects while you browse, play or work online, and you won´t even notice it's there.
It is extremely light as all the work is done in the cloud.

Easy
This is a truly 'install and forget' solution.
You won't have to worry about updates, or complex settings and decisions ever again. It works for you.

Secure
It delivers maximum and fast protection against the latest viruses, thanks to cloud-scanning from the Collective Intelligence servers. Url & web filtering with behavioural analysis protection
There's no need for massive signature files on your PC or daily updates.

Technical Requirements are one of the most modest

Operating System: Windows 8/8.1 (32 & 64 bits), Windows 7 (32 & 64 bits), Windows Vista (32 & 64 bits), Windows XP (32 bits) SP2 or later
Processor: Pentium 300 MHz or faster
RAM: 256 MB
Hard Disk: 240 MB free space
Browser: MS Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher, Google Chrome

First of all, if you made your decision to install Panda Free Antivirus, then uninstall your current security solution (antivirus or interent security) and restart your computer.

• Download Panda Free Antivirus : http://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/homeusers/solutions/free-antivirus/
  • Run the installer as "admin"
    z0b0CPV.png
  • Uncheck the Yahoo & MyStart option, these settings can affect on your browser's homepages. Then click "Accept and Install"..
h09e15z.png

• Wait a little for installing process..
4RHWl4j.png

• Then installation will finish and a check-up will start
wT2yVt8.png

• and then you will see the interface and please follow the "Settings" to configure Panda
JsCXpvd.png

• In "General" tab , make the 'Panda News' option off..
flCnOmS.png

• In "Antivirus" tab, make the showing setting "on".. Sometimes antivirus solution can detect legit softwares as malicious. We enabled this option so Panda will ask us when it detects a threat. So we can allow the some false detections with this way.
v5ORI1Y.png

• On On-demand scan section, make "on" the showing option. We have also offline cacha database in our computer, before scans Panda will sync its cache database with cloud.
RJdy959.png

• In "USB Vaccine" tab, enable the showing option to make every USB more secure against autorun viruses.
CsCrVa9.png

• In "Process Monitor" tab, there is no change needed.
S32ZjyY.png

• We are using Free version, I said in the topic title. We see some paid options in the interface. We can disable them from "Edit" button and remove them on the cross-checks and click "Finish". So we will only see the free features on our Panda interface
xOCREce.png

ScFunkP.png

QRPCNaD.png

• We can also have web filtering protection against malicious websites. This feature supports Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE browsers. There is no toolbar needed for this protection.
Please visit the "http://www.cloudantivirus.com/testurlfilter/" website to check our webfiltering works?
You have to see this page. (screenshot came from my Opera browser)
hd5ivOW.png

Stay safe!
yigido :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yigido

Thread author
Great manual. Did you test Panda Cloud free offline?
Actually, no.
In the website and Panda forum, they said behavioral blocker will do its job and the cache database will protect the users.
But I will say again I do not test Panda offline. :)

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
How does it fare against ESET SS8? .Does it has an offline installer available?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Nice tut and settings. Tnx ;)

NOTE:
If you wish you can uninstall Panda Toolbar (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features) and still have web url protection.

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Is someone know if Panda AV free is good offline ?

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
In offline mode does not have full detection because most database is in the cloud, a small portion is on the HDD.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
E="Circe, post: 381414, member: 9574"]Freddy,
I've noticed you have used both Panda cloud free antivirus and Bitdefender Antivirus free edition.
Detection wise, have you noticed if there is a huge difference between the two ?
Thanks in advance.
Circe
Both are pretty close, panda may have better heuristics, bit defender better scan detection. Panda web filter won't work with Maxthon browser. Bit defender web filter much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: rienna and Circe

rienna

Level 2
Verified
Mar 28, 2015
I'm sorry but I personally object to calling Panda light.
It's anything but light, though the issue is mainly just the UI. They really need to fix it.
And despite promises and claims to have removed the pop-up ads, they're still there and cannot be disabled.

Y

yigido

Thread author
I'm sorry but I personally object to calling Panda light.
It's anything but light, though the issue is mainly just the UI. They really need to fix it.
And despite promises and claims to have removed the pop-up ads, they're still there and cannot be disabled.
The UI is different from the others, it is true.
There is no pop-ups or ads. You can disable "Panda News", I told this in the manual.
I have seen 0 (zero) ad from Panda for 4 days. It is not Avast, it is Panda. You can disable these pop-ups. The company does not force you to see these pop-ps ;) Thanks to these companies like Panda Security.

rienna

Level 2
Verified
Mar 28, 2015
I don't mean that the UI is different in looks, I can deal with looks I prefer functionality over aesthetics myself.
The problem it has to speak the UI uses way too many resources and is mostly unresponsive. It hasn't changed since they started using the new UI. And when I tried to move said UI across my screen there was a massive delay and then it would jump around (in the particular area), sometimes it wouldn't even budge at all.

I've opted to just keep their url filter.
And you can? I feel slow now. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.