- Jan 24, 2011
- Operating System
Microsoft only unveiled Windows 10 to the world yesterday, but you can already download a preview version of the new operating system today. The Windows 10 Technical Preview is designed for enthusiasts, developers, and enterprise customers to evaluate the latest changes to Windows.
If you want to test this new operating system, and you don't know how, then this guide is for you.
- First off, you will need to download Windows 10 (Technical Preview) ISO from the below link.
- Now that you have the Windows 10 ISO, we will need a virtual machine in which you will install Windows 10. If you do have a virtual machine installed, you can skip this step, if not please download and install a virtual machine from the below links.
- Open Vmware Workstation, click on "File", then select "New Virtual Machine".
- In the "New Virtual Machine Wizard" select "Typical" configuration, then click on the "Next" button.'
- In the next window, select to install your operating system from "Installer disc image file (iso)", then click on the "Browse" button, and navigate where you have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO. Once you have found the Windows 10 ISO, click on it, then click on the "Next" button.
- Because Windows 10 was just released Vmware workstation does not automatically detect this operating system, so we will need to select "Microsoft Windows" as operating system, and "Windows 8 x64" (if you are installing the 64-bit version) or Windows 8 (if you are installing the 32-bit version) as version.
- In the next window, you can add a name for your virtual machine, then click on "Next" button
- In the next windows, we will need to specify the disk capacity. Depending on your hard drive you can select any amount as you see fit. We have added 20GB for our Virtual machine
- In next windows, you can customize the hardware dedicated to the Windows 10, again this specs are up-to-you as it depends on how powerful your PC is, however the default settings are just fine . When you have finished with settings up the specs you can click on "Finish" button.
This are the minimum requirements for Windows 10:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Free hard disk space: 16 GB
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- After you have clicked on "Finished" button, you Windows 10 VM should start, if not you can click on the "Power on this virtual machine" button.
- You Windows 10 VM will start, and you will need to go through the Windows 10 wizard to finish installing this operating system.
That's it! You should now have a Windows 10 working Virtual Machine. Happy Testing.