Troubleshoot How to know all the unsigned drivers?

Hadden

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
There is a tool which list all unsigned drivers currently active/installed on the system?
and
How make windows to skip permanently the boot check? I've to boot any time with F7 or it won't boot :D

Windows 10 x64, legacy boot (I'm not on UEFI)

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Upvote 0

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Try this: type "verifier" in a cmd window. In the Verifier app, select "Create Standard settings"
Screenshot (266).png
Then, select "Automatically select unsigned drivers"
Screenshot (267).png
and you'll find details of all unsigned drivers installed in your system.
I've used this many times (listing all drivers mode with changed test type params) to debug some BSODs.

Upvote 0

Hadden

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
I checked the tool and the script.. very useful and verbosing..
Well, I already have some nirsoft; they're nice ^^

I did the verifier and...
Well, it saw only one unsigned - a legacy StarForce DRM protection driver which I had forgot to have.
Downloaded the removal tool and it's gone forever.
Quite funny as I had suspected speedfan, aeroglass and ISO/TAP drivers.... but none of these was listed.
Then it came the 1703 update (probably is in CBB now). And it worked.
But, to avoid possible hangs, as these updates are huge, I used bcdedit to start in test mode before updating.
Every seems to work.
Why an update enable an hidden partition on D:\ - I have an old win10 copy there - it's a mystery for me.
Well, I'll hide it again.
I'll also try to go out from test mode - probably, without starforce windows will be fine.

Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Parsh
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.