Assigned How to know why zemana blocked a file?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gal Levi

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 16, 2016
So today I created a simple C program, that simply uses printf to print "Hello World Of C", and for some reason Zemana blocked it coz its a suspicious file.
I tried looking for the reason why it was triggered, but apparently it says nothing to the user, it just called my very sophisticated program a malware and nothing more.

So my conclusion is that Zemana just automatically blocks any .exe file of an unknown publisher, so for future uses, how can I know why zemana blocks a specific file?

thanks for the help.

Gal Levi

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 16, 2016
Have u turnt on pandora sandbox? that blocks all unknown executables automaticaly.
yes I have, but since I download things quite often, I'd really like to know why things are blocked, is there any way to do that?

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
yes I have, but since I download things quite often, I'd really like to know why things are block, is there any way to do that?
Not realy. Zemana want it as simple as possible for the costumers. if a malware is blocked, u just get a massage that it is blocked and nothing more. they removed the decision for "ask users what todo" too. i do not like the direction zemana is going thats a reason why i dont use it anymore.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Simply because the following files are marked for premature due to lack of information, no digital signature and less users to use it thus will mark malicious even unknown.

Zemana is not the only one but some other products to ensure safety for users.

Reactions: Gal Levi

Gal Levi

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 16, 2016
Simply because the following files are marked for premature due to lack of information, no digital signature and less users to use it thus will mark malicious even unknown.

Zemana is not the only one but some other products to ensure safety for users.

but my AV for example, it spotted it as a suspicious file, scanned it, and then said its safe to use. Zemana called it a malware and that's it. lets say I now turn off the "Pandora Sandbox" option, will I still get many false positives?

Not realy. Zemana want it as simple as possible for the costumers. if a malware is blocked, u just get a massage that it is blocked and nothing more. they removed the decision for "ask users what todo" too. i do not like the direction zemana is going thats a reason why i dont use it anymore.

ah, so its becoming an AM for the clueless user? well that's a shame, I like it best when, if you want to, you can get the long detailed reason for the blockage. anyways, thank you for the help.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi, and welcome to MT.
I live in Jerusalem.

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Gal Levi: It depends, since a detection can link to the internal component of Zemana detection (not Pandora).

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I would suggest sending an inquiry to support@zemana.com
but I don't think they really like to talk too much about their secret formula

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.