How to play Diablo 3 offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex BK

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
Yeah that's true, everything you do, let's say you move an item in inventory, everything belongs to Blizzard's servers.

Reactions: Nightwalker

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As stated, you cannot play in an offline mode. It does not exist due to always-on DRM.

"Rock, Paper, Shotgun gave mixed commentary during the game's beta period, praising the actual game itself by stating that it is much more direct than its predecessors and intuitive in its interface. However, it said the playing experience is spoiled due to lag in single-player mode caused by a lack of an offline single-player mode. Following the game's release, it reaffirmed its displeasure at the always-online DRM and offered a mixed opinion that the game was enjoyable but added "nothing new" to its genre.

Users have voiced criticism about the game's strong digital rights management which requires what is known as persistent online authentication, resulting in the lack of an offline single-player mode."​

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III#Critical_reception

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
It isn't always-on DRM; your instances are created on the server. It's pretty much WoW, technically speaking. I don't mind it except the service is unreliable. I don't play that often but every time I have, there's been outages. I even waited 6 months after launch to buy it and still couldn't play for a week. Meh...my RMAH sales paid for the game anyway (people buy the dumbest stuff! Tusser was right).

Reactions: Nightwalker

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I think only console versions can be played offline, the reason for always online approach is to avoid cheaters/duping itens and ofcourse to avoid pirate copies.

In my opinion Diablo III with the Reaper of Souls expansion is better than the legendary Diablo II; Blizzard screwed in the initial release but fixed almost all problems later and improved a lot with the expansion.

The latency problem seems to be fixed as well:

zWkyoJ7.jpg

It is a great game for people who like to "grind", amazing longevity that will entertain for years to come.

S

sinu

Thread author
Can anyone list alternative for diablo 3 which can be played offline?

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Torchlight (first one...I was disappointed by the second one).

My favourite Diablo-clone: Titan Quest

Before you think, "It's an old game!", see how active it's community is: http://www.titanquest.net/

It's spiritual successor (same author), Grim Dawn, is in early release and should be out before long.

S

sinu

Thread author
I think only console versions can be played offline, the reason for always online approach is to avoid cheaters/duping itens and ofcourse to avoid pirate copies.

In my opinion Diablo III with the Reaper of Souls expansion is better than the legendary Diablo II; Blizzard screwed in the initial release but fixed almost all problems later and improved a lot with the expansion.

The latency problem seems to be fixed as well:

zWkyoJ7.jpg

It is a great game for people who like to "grind", amazing longevity that will entertain for years to come.

is there any download link for console version

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.