Troubleshoot How to play saved Videos of CDFS VCD in PC

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
Hi,
Actually, my boss given me a office project VCD and told me to save these videos in my pc. So I saved all the videos to my pc. But when I try to watch these videos in VLC and other video players it failed to run. Videos cant be run without that VCD. I cheked the extenstion of VCD and that is CDFS. Even I tried various method given by google. but nothing is working. Can you please help me

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@maanastr ...
Have you looked to see if isobuster can help?

"VCDs are completely compatible with normal data CDs and the content should be easily accessible. The File System on these CDs should be ISO9660 although occasionally one finds them with a Joliet File System (in addition to ISO9660) also.

VCD CDs contain a fixed file and directory layout. A CDI folder with content so that the VCD can be played in CD-iconsoles as well and an MPEGAV folder containing the actual Video File (a *.DAT file). This *.DAT file references data which is located in the second (and higher tracks if available). The second and higher data tracks on VCDs contain the actual Video data, mainly in M2F2 sectors which can be interleaved with M2F1 sectors.

So, if the File System is corrupt and one can't find the Video (*.dat) file, 'Extraction of the Mpg data only' from the second or higher tracks is still possible via IsoBuster. IsoBuster features great and proven recovery functionality for this kind of situations."

Reactions: maanastr and DardiM
Upvote 0

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
@maanastr ...
Have you looked to see if isobuster can help?

"VCDs are completely compatible with normal data CDs and the content should be easily accessible. The File System on these CDs should be ISO9660 although occasionally one finds them with a Joliet File System (in addition to ISO9660) also.

VCD CDs contain a fixed file and directory layout. A CDI folder with content so that the VCD can be played in CD-iconsoles as well and an MPEGAV folder containing the actual Video File (a *.DAT file). This *.DAT file references data which is located in the second (and higher tracks if available). The second and higher data tracks on VCDs contain the actual Video data, mainly in M2F2 sectors which can be interleaved with M2F1 sectors.

So, if the File System is corrupt and one can't find the Video (*.dat) file, 'Extraction of the Mpg data only' from the second or higher tracks is still possible via IsoBuster. IsoBuster features great and proven recovery functionality for this kind of situations."

thanks for the reply. Sorry but it is not working with isobuster.

actually problem with saved videos. because in cd there is one autorun.exe file. I have to run that file from vcd to watch the video. so without cd the saved videos in pc are not playing.

Reactions: Logethica
Upvote 0

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
thanks for the reply. Sorry but it is not working with isobuster.

actually problem with saved videos. because in cd there is one autorun.exe file. I have to run that file from vcd to watch the video. so without cd the saved videos in pc are not playing.
That's a shame...I'm sorry that I was unable to help you.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.