How to purchase an AppGuard Personal license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meltcheesedec

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 30, 2017
Now I just need to wait until AG Personal becomes available again. Apparently, there is no way to get it at the present time.

Correct. I emailed the sales team and was told the same thing. He said he would let me know when it gets sorted out.

All attempts to purchase AppGuard via methods specified online and in AppGuard installer (e.g., AppGuard | Personal , AppGuard Store ) seem currently futile.

In my so-far-futile attempt to purchase an AppGuard license, I recently:
- filled out all available 'Contact Us' and 'Request Demo' forms on Home
- sent emails to both the COO and President

I had not yet received any response to any of my attempts at communication with AppGuard, so I then called Blue Ridge Sales (800-704-5234; Support | Blue Ridge Networks ), who told me to send an email to appguard@blueridge.com asking to be added to the email list of people they will notify once the AppGuard Personal purchase issue is resolved.

I emailed appguard@blueridge.com . They then promptly responded to me, apologized for the inconvenience, and noted that they added me to the notification list.

@Lockdown , do you have any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
At the moment there is no way to purchase. I reached out to them last night and received a response. I followed up and received another email earlier today.

Hang tight until it gets sorted. As soon as I hear back I will follow up. Unless of course @Lockdown knows before us. But I am sure he has other priorities so maybe not.

All attempts to purchase AppGuard via methods specified online and in AppGuard installer (e.g., AppGuard | Personal , AppGuard Store ) seem currently futile.

In my so-far-futile attempt to purchase an AppGuard license, I recently:
- filled out all available 'Contact Us' and 'Request Demo' forms on Home
- sent emails to both the COO and President

I had not yet received any response to any of my attempts at communication with AppGuard, so I then called Blue Ridge Sales (800-704-5234; Support | Blue Ridge Networks ), who told me to send an email to appguard@blueridge.com asking to be added to the email list of people they will notify once the AppGuard Personal purchase issue is resolved.

I emailed appguard@blueridge.com . They then promptly responded to me, apologized for the inconvenience, and noted that they added me to the notification list.

@Lockdown , do you have any other suggestions?

The website and product sales are handled by operations, which is a part of a different company. So I don't have any further infos.

meltcheesedec

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 30, 2017
@Lockdown , although I have not yet been contacted by BRN/AG concerning this issue, I decided to execute url AppGuard Store today, and lo and behold I see:
- what seems to be ability to purchase 'AppGuard Personal (Annual)', but
- price has gone up to '$59.95 yearly'

Screenshot:

is there any possibility you can get a first-year discount at the old rate for those of us who have been trying to purchase for the last month?

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
@Lockdown , although I have not yet been contacted by BRN/AG concerning this issue, I decided to execute url AppGuard Store today, and lo and behold I see:

is there any possibility you can get a first-year discount at the old rate for those of us who have been trying to purchase for the last month?
Damn the price doubled and it should be one of the most expensive products in the market now. Huge bump in price.

Screenshot:

I don't work in marketing & sales so you will have to contact that department directly.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Home users have never really been the company's target market. Most of our consumer product sales are large block contracts. The consumer version has always been made available to individual home users that wish to purchase it.

I hear you, but the the doubling of the price it seems that it may be a push towards that.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@Lockdown Please tell your people to take a look at the german translation. AppGuard Store
It looks like "google translate"
Lizenzen für diese Version von AppGuard Persönal wird auf ein Jahr verlängert werden. I would have to guess to get the meaning of that sentence.
Persönal atleast no ö
AppGuard Personal (Jahres) /maybe replace Jahres mit Jahreslizenz or so.
I like the programm so i just thought to add my 2 cents when i looked for the new price.

@Lockdown Please tell your people to take a look at the german translation. AppGuard Store
It looks like "google translate"
Lizenzen für diese Version von AppGuard Persönal wird auf ein Jahr verlängert werden. I would have to guess to get the meaning of that sentence.
Persönal atleast no ö
AppGuard Personal (Jahres) /maybe replace Jahres mit Jahreslizenz or so.
I like the programm so i just thought to add my 2 cents when i looked for the new price.

That's sort of curious as there is no German localized version of AppGuard sold. The only AppGuard localizations are English and Japanese.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@Lockdown Oh ok then it's the fastspring website. Sorry

Attachments

• Unbenannt22.jpg
    Unbenannt22.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 418

Just cheked the price - AppGuard Personal (Annual) USD 59.95 Yearly. As for me it is expensive. I am sorry to say but I don't know anything about this product. This product is not popular among Russian speakers at all. I think I should try it one day when I will have extra $60 to buy it :)

The product has been mostly marketed & sold domestically. Plus there were export restrictions.

The price will not, of course, be popular - especially on the security forums. But like I have said many times, the company has never really pursued the home user market. The company has always been active in the enterprise\government sectors. Our most direct competitor is Microsoft because of their AppLocker product.

The consumer variant is made available to the public for purchase for those that wish to use it. Once you get beyond a one or two person operation, there is no money to be made selling individual licenses to consumers via a website on a piecemeal basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.